Corporate Offices - Auburn Hills United States
Manage the entire warranty process and reduction efforts for all product lines and customers in the FCS North American region. Facilitate actions necessary to improve warranty performance, analysis of parts and data by working with the manufacturing plants, engineering, supplier quality and customers. Must have experience with safety components and customer portal experience with advanced use with Stellantis, BMW, Ford and GM systems satisfying CQI-14 and other automotive requirements.
Responsibilities of Position:
- Establish, communicate and continuously improve warranty reduction processes and procedures.
- Conduct warranty investigations from start to finish to ensure effective closure
- Coordinate internal warranty reduction meetings. Facilitate identification and implementation of corrective and preventive actions. Coordinate tracking the effectiveness of actions while working with internal and external customers.
- Coordinate the collection and analysis of warranty data. Manage QOS measures for warranty.
- Participate in defining appropriate warranty agreements with customers including developing warranty targets included in contracts for new business. Track warranty costs and recoveries from suppliers
- Attend customer warranty meetings and communicate customer warranty policies, procedures and expectations within TI Fluid Systems and lead critical events / field actions using PPS format
- Coordinate the implementation/improvements of procedures for the analysis of returned warranty parts.
- Manage processes to reduce the number of parts returned and determined to be “Trouble Not Found” (TNF). Coordinate dealer calls, dealer visits, data analysis, etc. to reduce warranty and ensure metric performance meet/exceed customer expectations
- Facilitate the identification and implementation of significant warranty prevention initiatives with the Plants, Suppliers, and/or other functional groups. .
- . Implement warranty reduction initiatives for new products / customer or products / customers not currently included in warranty reduction effort as part of the APQP process and lesson learned or FMEA updates
- Participate in corrective actions and / or data analysis for significant actual or potential warranty issues.
- May lead and direct the work of others in different locations
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs related duties and special projects as assigned
- Systemic problem solving skills, PPS, 8D, and other automotive methodologies
- Proficient in customer warranty portals and data analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to read print and perform part inspection and testing (including functional)
- Self-directed with a high degree of self-motivation and ability to set priorities and meet deadline
- Proficient computer skills and abilities with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, etc).
- Working familiarity of automotive OEM quality systems, including IATF / CQI requirements.
- Working knowledge of automotive industry standards: AIAG’s MSA, APQP, PFMEA, Control Plan, PPAP, SPC and VDA.
- Ability and experience reading prints and use measurement devices for conformance to prints/specifications
- Experience in supplier quality management with technical knowledge of part manufacturing and product application
Licensing or Special Certification Requirements:
- Valid driver’s license and passport.
- Certified Quality Auditor or Certified Quality Engineer is preferred.
- Ability to work at a personal computer or manufacturing floor for extended periods of time
- Ability to travel with short notice
- Ability to use measuring and testing equipment
- Occasionally lifts up to 25 pounds.
- Navigate around the facility and equipment on a regular and continuous basis while following safety protocol
- Some of work time is spent standing, walking, lifting, and bending while working within an automotive components manufacturing, office, and laboratory setting and is exposed to heat, cold, wet, and fumes/chemicals.
Bachelors degree in Engineering or equivalent and manufacturing experience; professional accreditation as a certified quality auditor by an appropriate authority or willingness to attain experience and management experience.
TI Fluid Systems is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.