Warranty Engineer I
Corporate Offices - Auburn Hills United States
Responsible for maintaining the warranty system for all customers within the region. Facilitate actions necessary to reduce warranty through data and part analysis while utilizing OEM warranty management systems.
Responsibilities of Position:
- Obtain data from major customer databases for internal analysis.
- Liaison between Warranty Management, Warranty Specialists, Engineering, and Quality as it relates to 8D problem solving to resolve warranty issues.
- Maintain the warranty systems for part return analysis and claim data analysis.
- Maintain and improve warranty testing equipment and warranty testing capabilities as needed.
- Coordinate and conduct routine internal warranty meetings, and external customer meetings as required. Participate in defining appropriate warranty agreements with customers which may include developing warranty targets, warranty factors, and warranty contracts for prior/new business.
- Track warranty costs, if applicable.
- Maintain compliance to warranty procedures and revise as required to meet requirements.
- Obtain data from all OEM systems as applicable to measure and report out on performance.
- Conduct warranty investigations, including analysis, conclusion and reporting to internal and external customers.
- Facilitate and track countermeasures, both internally and externally to the company.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs related duties and special projects as assigned.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Advanced skills in problem solving methodology.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of most customer warranty systems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills proficiency in MS office applications.
- Must possess the ability to set priorities.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision and/or direction.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- At least three years experience in Quality and/or Warranty required.
- Experience with fuel systems products, product testing or vehicle operations preferred.
Licensing or Special Certification Requirements:
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to work at a personal computer for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to travel regionally and internationally to TI facilities, to remote customer and dealership locations.
- Occasionally lifts up to 25 pounds.
- Maneuvers in, around, under, and about factory and/or laboratory equipment on a regular and continuous basis.
- Some of work time is spent standing, walking, lifting, and bending.
- Works within an automotive components manufacturing, office, and laboratory setting and is exposed to heat, cold, and wet conditions, as well as fumes/chemicals.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering required