Technology Leader/Manager (Manufacturing)
Jablonec nad Nisou Czech Republic
The Manager of Technology Advancement is responsible for global technical business process leadership and program execution in order to meet One TI global technical needs. The role has four main technical business process leadership responsibilities: Technology Asset Management (alignment with Corporate Legal for IP/development agreements), Technology Planning (alignment with Corporate Marketing on innovation development), Technology Program Management (alignment of phase O with Corporate Quality) and Technology Communications (alignment with Corporate Communications).
Responsibilities of Position:
1. Technology Asset Management: lead, manage and coordinate business processes for technical development agreements, idea disclosures, and patent life cycle management as defined with Corporate Legal. Communicate tracking sheets and decision timeline needs with Technology groups and business application engineering leaders. Provide conflict resolution techniques for effective decision making.
2. Technology Planning: research and summarize advanced marketing intelligence and strategy development inputs for technical road mapping and business understanding.
3. Technology Program Management: Define a revised approach for Engineering IT PDM and Phase O program management with Corporate IT and Quality to reflect the new One TI organization. Coordinate with appointed technology leaders in carrying systems, delivery systems, and storage systems. Communicate decision meetings and monthly tracking of red/yellow/green program status on execution.
4. Technology Communications: Manage portfolio of technology display parts/messaging. Align, record and manage customer PowerPoint files and technology intranet communication tab. Coordinate technical displays at on site customer technology days. Support trade shows etc…
5. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
6. Performs related duties and special projects as assigned.
1. Proven experience and record of business process definition and execution.
2. Engineering degree or equivalent automotive technical experience.
3. Business group application engineering experience preferred.
4. Program management experience.
5. Ability to work in a global cross matrix organization.
6. Communicates with impact with all stakeholders – articulates a clear point of view and listens and responds to feedback.
7. Acts as a champion of diversity, creating an environment that values diverse backgrounds and perspectives.
8. Builds organization processes and systems that work to deliver results and to make change happen. Sets high standards for performance for self and group.
9. Builds and leverages relationships and networks across TI and externally – Legal, Quality, Communications, IT.
10. Shares talent across the organization for the betterment of TI.
11. Proficient computer skills and abilities with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, etc)…
12. Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
1. Engenders and builds trust and approachability within and across groups.
2. Operates in an honest, ethical manner in all dealings; acts with integrity.
3. Exhibits a drive to excel yet rises above his/her own interests for betterment of TI as a whole.
4. Partners with other executive/functional leadership.
5. Displays personal courage and composure under pressure.
1. 8 years of experience in related field.
Licensing or Special Certification Requirements:
1. Valid driver’s license.
1. Ability to work at a personal computer for extended periods of time.
1. Occasionally lifts and carries up to 25 pounds.
2. Some of work time is spent standing, walking, lifting and bending.
3. Works within an automotive components manufacturing office setting and may be exposed to heat, cold and fumes/chemicals.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.