Technologist II - Production (Manufacturing)
Ligonier Plant United States
Technologist is responsible for maintaining and improving current processes and equipment. Responsible for new platform launch activities, including new equipment specification, tooling, prototype parts and feasibility. Responsible for coordinating maintenance and repair work with Maintenance Department, along with supervision of maintenance personnel in their area.
Responsibilities of Position:
1. Ensure the safety of plant personnel is maintained at all times.
2. Develop improvements in processes to help lower manufacturing costs.
3. Design and/or procurement of all new equipment and tooling.
4. Ensure new products are launched in a timely manner and maintain quoted profit margins.
5. Responsible for tooling and programming of CNC robotic tube benders.
6. Responsible for installation and programming of vision inspection systems.
7. Ensure that effective mistake proof devices are on all pieces of equipment.
8. Maintain quality levels and make improvements to increase levels of quality.
9. Oversee maintenance activities on individual projects to ensure installations are made in a timely manner.
10. Ensure ample stock levels are maintained for repair parts.
11. Develop new processes to maintain TI Fluid Systems as leader in the tube fabrication industry.
12. Write Capital Expenditure requests for capital projects.
13. Ensure that all pieces of equipment are process capable.
14. Develop process failure mode effects analysis (PFMEA) for all processes.
15. Performs related duties and special projects as assigned.
1. Strong problem solving skills.
2. Must have excellent computer and communication skills.
3. Ability to design tools, equipment and layouts with computer aided design software.
4. PLC programming experience a plus.
1. Three years experience in automotive manufacturing environment a plus.
2. Experience in tubular fabrication a plus.
Licensing or Special Certification Requirements:
1. Valid drivers’ license.
1. Regular and predictable attendance.
1. Occasionally lifts and / or carries up to 25 pounds.
2. Maneuvers in, around and under factory and/or laboratory equipment on a regular and continuous basis.
3. Some of work time is spent standing, walking, lifting and bending.
4. Works within an automotive components manufacturing office setting and may be exposed to heat, cold and fumes/chemicals
1. Technical degree or equivalent.