Mlada Boleslav Czech Republic
Responsibilities of Position:
1.Â Reviews and approves day-to-day departmental operations, people and project assignments.
2. Interviews and recommends candidates for new hire.
3. Plans month to month manufacturing operations, including the scheduling of materials, purchases and planned maintenance. Coordinates with Scheduling, Sales and Engineering departments to ensure production standards and goals are met.
4. Supervises, coordinates, provides leadership, develops and reviews the work of assigned staff, takes corrective action as required.
5. Assures the proper production, fit and alignment of components and finished fixtures and product to conform to customer specifications; validates that product meets tolerances and quality standards.
6. Performs such individual assignments as the supervisor may direct; establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the Corporation and the community; and maintains the professional competence, knowledge and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities. Examples include safety and environmental policy, practice and compliance audits and labor relation activities.
7. Performs those administrative activities necessary for the effective management of the department, including provision for the selection and development of employees, pay administration, budget administration, employee safety, employee counseling and motivation. Also including, but not limited to organization goals and objectives, planning, organizing, integrating and measuring the work performed within the department and ensure adequate and continuous control is exercised over the activities affecting quality.
1. Broad background in manufacturing technology and line operating experience.
2. In-depth knowledge of engineering principles, techniques, methods and disciplined in their application.
3. In-depth understanding of production administration functions including accounting, engineering and human resources.
4. Possesses excellent people relations skills and has demonstrated communication skills with concepts and instructions.
5. Has three to five years experience as a production leader.
1. Knowledge typically evidenced by equivalent job experience.
2. Training in problem solving techniques.
1. Regular and predictable attendance.
2. Nothing that would prohibit overnight or extended travel.
3. Ability to travel (including air travel and automobile trips).
1. Occasionally lifts up to 50 pounds and frequently carries up to 30 pounds.
2. Maneuvers in, around, under and about factory and / or laboratory equipment on a regular and continuous basis.
3. Some of work time is spent standing, walking, lifting and bending.
4. Works within an automotive components manufacturing office and laboratory setting and may be exposed to heat, cold and fumes/chemicals.
5. May be required to travel to plant and/or customer sites worldwide.Â
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.