Senior Sales Manager
Corporate Offices - Auburn Hills United States
Manages and directs a sales force to achieve sales and profit goals.
Responsibilities of Position:
1. Designs and recommends sales programs and sets short and long-term sales strategies.
2. Evaluates and implements appropriate new sales techniques to increase the department’s sales volume.
3. May recommend product or service enhancements to improve customer satisfaction and sales potential.
4. Ensures projects are completed on time and within budget.
5. Acts as advisor to sales team regarding projects, tasks, and operations.
6. Establishes top level contacts with current and potential customers.
7. Assist in identifying cost savings, cost recovery, and quality improvement opportunities to meet customer and TI Fluid Systems objectives.
8. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
9. Performs related duties and special projects as assigned.
1. Regular and predictable attendance.
2. Excellent interpersonal, conflict resolution and problem solving skills.
3. Strong negotiation / communication skills, both oral and written.
4. Ability to work in an unstructured and frequently stressful environment.
5. Understanding of and ability to work with drawings, specifications, etc.
6. Project management and multi-task prioritization.
7. Self-directed with a high degree of self-motivation.
8. Hands on approach with attention to detail.
9. Proficient computer skills and abilities with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, etc).
Licensing or Special Certification Requirements:
1. Valid driver’s license.
1. Ability to work at a personal computer for extended periods of time.
2. Regularly travels to plant, vendor, and customer sites.
1. Occasionally lifts and carries up to 15 pounds.
2. Some of work time is spent standing, walking, lifting and bending.
3. Works within an automotive components manufacturing office setting and may be exposed to heat, cold and fumes/chemicals.
Job Location Specific Requirements:
This position supports our FCS division
1. 7-10 years of experience in automotive sales
2. Bachelor’s degree in business or related field; master’s degree preferred