Senior Manager Program Management
Mexico City Mexico
Manage all aspects of program launch through the Advanced Quality Planning process. Conduct meetings internally and externally with suppliers and customer personnel to manage and communicate program issues and status. Establish and maintain Advance Quality Planning documentation according to TI Automotive Quality Procedures.
Responsibilities of Position:
1. Responsible and accountable for managing the AQP Team to a successful launch from inception to end of production.
2. PM is responsible and accountable for ensuring the proper application of the 5 Milestone AQP procedures. This involves chairing regular AQP meetings, setting up and maintaining launch related SharePoint sites, creating internal and external timelines, compiling and reporting lessons learned and maintaining and distributing meeting minutes and open issues lists.
3. Responsible and accountable for ensuring that the customer launch related deliverables are met on time and in accordance with customer specific requirements and launch timing.
4. Responsible and accountable for managing the customer relationship and any launch or change related negotiations. The PM will act as the primary launch and engineering change contact, compiling the necessary inputs from the other team members and negotiating with the customer as necessary. This requires proactive management of the customer relationship and consistent dialogue with various customer representatives.
5. Responsible for leading the AQP team including coaching, mentoring, training and holding various team members accountable for deliverables and commitments.
6. The PM is an active leader on the Customer Business Team and proactively holds meetings, utilizes formal and informal communications in order to coordinate designs, supplier quotes, customer change notices, customer quotes, CMPs and tool notes. The PM also supports new business quoting activity and the accomplishment of overall business team goals.
7. The PM coordinates cross functional communication and leads the team in reaching consensus on open issues, challenges and contingencies. This involves understanding the roles and relationships between various functions and managing these interactions to ensure timely output of deliverables required for launch and change management
8. Responsible and accountable for the fiscal management of launch and engineering change financials including the compilation and approval of CAPEXs, budgeting and management of tooling and capital spends and the maintenance or enhancement of program financials.
9. The PM maintains joint ownership of the launches and engineering changes with the Plant AQP Manager. PM is expected to communicate and coordinate with the AQP Manager on a regular basis to ensure two way communication and mutual acceptance of timing deliverables and commitments.
10. As AQP Team Leader, the PM is responsible for communicating and formally reporting program activities and status to the division management team at Launch Review Meetings. Additionally, the PM is responsible for escalating or elevating issues to management and for requesting management support as required for program issue contingencies.
11. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
12. Performs related duties and special projects as assigned.
1. Strong background in sales and/or engineering.
2. Knowledge of customer systems and experience with managing customer relationships.
3. Strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
4. Self-directed with a high degree of self- motivation.
5. Ability to prioritize and manage time while juggling multiple programs.
6. Comprehensive understanding of launch process and critical path management.
7. Ability to lead individuals in a matrix organization across all disciples.
8. Proficient computer skills and abilities with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, etc) and Program Management software.
9. Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
1. 5-7 years of experience in related field.
Licensing or Special Certification Requirements:
1. Valid drivers’ license and passport.
1. Regular and predictable attendance.
2. Ability to work at a personal computer for extended periods of time.
3. International travel to customer locations and to TI Automotive Manufacturing Operations.
1. Occasionally lifts and carries up to 15 pounds.
2. Some of work time is spent standing, walking, lifting and bending.
3. Works within an automotive components manufacturing office setting and may be exposed to heat, cold and fumes/chemicals.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related field.