Regional Safety Specialist
Mlada Boleslav Czech Republic
This Position will support the Corporate EHS team and will report to the EU Risk & Environmental Compliance Manager. The position will have responsibility for the implementation and oversight of safety programs and procedures at all plants in the region. The position will be responsible for providing technical support and direction to various sites located throughout the region.
Responsibilities of position:
- Support the implementation of safety related programs and procedures, including the Corporate multi-site ISO 45001 scheme.
- Develop, implement and maintain a risk reduction program for hazard identification and assessment in line with corporate procedures and objectives (e.g LOTO, hazardous substances)
- Maintain, communicate and improve existing safety programs and procedures across all sites within the region.
- Develop and present at safety related training and educational programs.
- Create and deliver safety related reports and presentations.
- Mentor plant EHS professionals.
- Analyze regional incident data and develop standards to ensure prevention of injury and ill health
- Investigates causes of accidents and prepare reports to identify preventive safety measures to use as lessons learned globally.
- Conduct monitor and follow up on site safety assessment surveys and audits
- Work with corporate and plant management to ensure compliance with regulations and adherence to company expectations
- Travel to plants regularly
- Strong understanding of European compliance obligations and requirements.
- Willingness to work on any shift and additional hours as required.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Good to very good knowledge of written and spoken English
- Proficient use of Microsoft office suite and other related software.
- Experience in industrial safety, safety management system development, training, safety auditing and project management.
- Experience in hazard identification and assessment and control techniques.
- Minimum 5 years of occupational health and safety or related experience.
- Knowledge and experience of working with ISO management systems and auditing (ISO 45001). ISO 45001 Internal auditor certification is a plus.
Licensing or Special certification requirements;
- Valid drivers license and passport.
- Certified safety practitioner or national equivalent is desirable or willingness to work towards.
- Ability to work at a personal computer for extended periods of time.
- Able to travel from work site to customer locations and other TI Fluid Systems facilities.
- Occasionally lifts and carries up to 25 pounds.
- Some of work time is spent standing, walking, lifting and bending.
- Works within an automotive components manufacturing office setting and may be exposed to heat, cold and fumes/chemicals.
- Travel is expected to comprise 25-33% of working time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Environmental, EHS, Engineering, Industrial Hygiene, or a science related field.