Regional Safety Specialist
Bielsko Biala Poland
This position will support the Corporate EHS team and will report to the Regional Risk & Environmental Compliance Manager. The position will have responsibility for the implementation and oversight of safety programs and procedures at all plants in the region. The position will be responsible for providing technical support and direction to various sites located throughout the region.
Responsibilities of Position:
- Develop and present safety related training and educational programs.
- Lead the implementation of safety related programs and procedures.
- Communicate, administer, and maintain existing safety programs and procedures across all sites within the region.
- Develop, implement and continuously improve safety programs.
- Create and deliver safety related reports and presentations.
- Mentor the plant EHS professionals.
- Conduct, monitor and follow up on site safety assessments, surveys, and audits.
- Work with corporate and plant management to ensure compliance with regulations and adherence to company expectations.
- Travel to plants regularly.
- Strong understanding of federal, state, provincial and local safety regulations and requirements.
- Willingness to work on any shift and additional hours as required.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Fluent in English.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office suite and other related software.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Experience in industrial safety, safety management system development, training, industrial plant safety auditing, project management, and hazard identification and control is required.
- Minimum 5 years of Occupational Health and Safety, or related experience.
- Knowledge and experience with safety management systems (ISO 45001, or OHSAS 18001).
Licensing or Special Certification Requirements:
- Valid driver’s license and passport.
- Board of Certified Safety Professionals – Associate Safety Professional a plus.
- Ability to work at a personal computer for extended periods of time.
- Able to travel from work site to customer locations and other TI Fluid Systems facilities.
- Occasionally lifts and carries up to 25 pounds.
- Some of work time is spent standing, walking, lifting and bending.
- Works within an automotive components manufacturing office setting and may be exposed to heat, cold and fumes/chemicals.
- Travel is expected to comprise 25-33% of working time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Environmental, EHS, Engineering, Industrial Hygiene, or a science related field.