Regional IT Manager
Corporate Offices - Auburn Hills United States
Responsible for the development and implementation of architectural solutions to meet business requirements in application hosting, infrastructure provisioning and automation, performance, cost optimization, networking and security. The position will be responsible for company standards of cloud architecture, design and implementation of Cloud Solutions and collaborating with internal and external stakeholders on proper design, validation, and implementation of their solutions.
Responsibilities of Position:
- Use expertise and experience to provide architectural expertise, direction, and assistance to systems analysts, IT cloud engineers, application teams and other systems architects
- Document and develop in-depth knowledge of existing IT cloud architecture/infrastructure, and technology portfolio
- Collaborate with other team members and develop / manage an IT cloud infrastructure capacity strategy
- Develop, manage, communicate, and enforce cloud technology standards policy
- Conduct research on emerging cloud technologies in support of infrastructure development efforts and recommend technologies that will increase cost effectiveness, infrastructure flexibility and scalability
- Develop, document, make recommendations, and communicate plans for investing in IT cloud infrastructure, including analysis of cost reduction opportunities
- Responsible for complete design, systems analysis, and security
- Validation of application teams design for adherence to company standards
- Participates in proof of concepts to assist in defining technology direction and enabling business strategy
- Communicates and validates program architecture with infrastructure team, security team, and other organizational teams
- Conducts end-to-end technical plan design, develop infrastructure blueprints for the implementation of new solution, create impact analysis and design modifications to existing systems to support new solutions
- Maintain a common documentation library of standardized procedures and configurations
- Support incident management and other ITIL processes as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated experience as a Cloud Solutions Architect (3-5 years)
- Demonstrated experience in developing Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, Jenkins, Cloud Formation, Python, PowerShell, NodeJS)
- Knowledge of RESTful Web Services, XML, JSON
- Demonstrated experience in designing and implementing enterprise network architecture strategies, including cloud networking technology and strategies (Transit Gateway, VPC, Routing, DNS, VPNs).
- Knowledge of designing strategy for application hosting that include scalability, performance, cost optimization, security, and availability pillars as outlined in industry best practices for well architected frameworks.
- Hands-on experience with core LAN/WAN network technologies.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with information and application security concepts including public key encryption, remote access, access credentials, and certificate-based authentication.
Licensing or Special Certification Requirements:
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to work at a personal computer for extended periods of time.
- Occasionally lifts and carries up to 25 pounds.
- Some of work time is spent standing, walking, lifting and bending.
- Works within an automotive components manufacturing office setting and may be exposed to heat, cold and fumes/chemicals.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar discipline.