Quality Systems Manager
Corporate Offices - Auburn Hills United States
Responsible for developing global standards relating to product and process quality, preparing training programs for created standards, and auditing compliance against these documents across all facilities regionally.
Responsibilities of Position:
1. Creation of Standards
• Support the global quality, product and process engineering teams in identifying requirements for new standards.
• Coordinate with global teams to identify best practice.
• Release new standards through QMS.
• Develop training material for teams relating to new standards.
• Provide training and support to plants in implementing new standards.
2. Audit Requirements
• Develop PQA questionnaire to meet global product and process quality standards.
• Develop annual PQA and Internal IATF audits schedule across to regional facilities.
• Provide impartial PQA of facilities.
• Where gaps to standards are identified, develop improvement plan in conjunction with plant management team.
• Track improvements to plan and provide follow up audits when needed.
3. Monthly reporting consisting of regional standards implementation, regional audit status, and corrective actions status to global quality standards manager.
4. Provide IATF 16949 support to facilities & technical centers with using best practices.
5. Drive PPS and Yokoten systems.
6. Complete special projects and other duties as assigned.
1. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
2. Ability to work in a high-pressure environment.
3. High degree of self-motivation.
1. Minimum of three years in a relative position within a manufacturing environment.
2. Experience in and auditing against IATF16949 requirements.
3. Experience in customer quality systems and control plan use.
4. Thorough knowledge of systematic problem solving skills (PPS preferred).
5. SPC, APQP, FMEA, MSA experience.
6. TI Fluid Systems Product Knowledge (fuel systems) & good understanding of vehicle systems.
Licensing or Special Certification Requirements:
1. Valid driver’s license and passport.
2. Certified Quality Auditor or Certified Quality Engineer is preferred.
1. Ability to work at a personal computer or manufacturing floor for extended periods of time.
2. Ability to travel extensively both domestically and internationally.
1. Occasionally lifts up to 25 pounds.
2. Navigate around the facility and equipment on a regular and continuous basis while following safety protocol
3. Some of work time is spent standing, walking, lifting, and bending while working within an automotive components manufacturing, office, and laboratory setting and is exposed to heat, cold, wet, and fumes/chemicals.
Job Location Specific Requirements:
Flexibility to have position located at a TI Fluid Systems plant or our Corporate Offices in Auburn Hills, MI.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent.