Ligonier Plant United States
Performs a variety of assignments which impact the design, manufacturing, test, inspection, calibration, efficiency, quality and application of the company’s products and processes. Supports production and external customers on quality and launch activities to ensure meeting requirements and leading countermeasures (8D).
Responsibilities of Position
- Analyzes production limitations and problems for countermeasure and/or improvements.
- Reviews and organizes statistical data on quality of production by line, shift, and department to initiate recommendations or prove conformity/stability.
- Reviews and implements specification revisions to ensure all requirements are met and quality standards are implemented with defined criteria
- Maintain customer satisfaction and drive positive customer scorecards including tracking and updating customer systems/portals.
- Formulates or assists in formulating quality standards, policies, programs, plans, procedures and practices including revisions.
- Communicates with internal and external customers and/or suppliers and track action plans to closure
- Continuously reviews the economics of the quality program and makes recommendations for improvement with focus on prevention and validate such items.
- Performs such individual assignments as supervisors and superiors may direct.
- Ensures adequate and continuous control procedures are exercised over all assigned activities affecting quality
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships with internal and external customers who broadly include suppliers and stakeholders.
- Maintains the professional competence, knowledge and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities. .
- Addresses internal and external quality concerns and assists in closure of concerns using TIFS systems and customer requirements.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs related duties and special projects as assigned.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Professional accreditation as a quality engineer by inappropriate authority or willingness to attain.
- Excellent computer and communication skills.
- Self-directed with a high degree of self- motivation.
- Proficient computer skills and abilities with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, etc).
- Working familiarity of automotive OEM quality systems, including TS-16949 requirements.
- A combination of education and manufacturing experience.
- Licensing or Special Certification Requirements:
- Valid driver’s license
- Experience or training in IATF
- Ability to work at a personal computer for extended periods of time.
- May be required to travel to plant and/or customer sites. 3. Ability to travel by air travel and automobile.
- Occasionally lifts up to 50 pounds.
- Maneuvers in, around, under, and about factory and/or laboratory equipment on a regular and continuous basis.
- Some of work time is spent standing, walking, lifting, and bending.
- Works within an automotive components manufacturing, office, and laboratory setting and is exposed to heat, cold, wet, and fumes/chemicals.
- Ability to travel (less than 25% of time)
Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or engineering technology or a combination of education and manufacturing experience.