Quality Engineer II
Designs and installs quality control process sampling systems, procedures and statistical techniques which require a great depth knowledge and the application of sophisticated quality management and measurement systems. Designs specific testing systems, including equipment and devices. May train hourly and exempt staff in quality applications.
Responsibilities of Position:
1. Analyses production and quality trend rates to identify and solve problems without requiring shut down or production reduction.
2. Reviews analyses and statistical presentation prepared by others for procedural accuracy and theoretical correctness.
3. Formulates and recommends policy.
4. Conducts economic implication analyses, prepares reports of finding and carries out complicated implementation and training assignments.
5. Performs such individual assignments as supervisors and superiors may direct; ensures adequate and continuous controls are exercised over all assigned activities affecting quality; establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the Corporation and the community; and maintains the professional competence, knowledge and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
6. May lead and direct the work of others.
7. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
8. Performs related duties and special projects as assigned.
1. Regular and predictable attendance.
2. Analyses production and quality trend rates to identify and solve problems without requiring shut down or production reduction.
3. Reviews analyses and statistical presentation prepared by others for procedural accuracy and theoretical correctness.
4. Formulates and recommends policy.
5. Conducts economic implication analyses, prepares reports of finding and carries out complicated implementation and training assignments.
6. Self-directed with a high degree of self- motivation.
7. Proficient computer skills and abilities with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, etc).
8. Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
1. Some production or manufacturing experience, and professional accreditation as a quality engineer by an appropriate authority.
2. Has 3 or more years of experience as a Quality Engineer.
Licensing or Special Certification Requirements:
1. Valid driver’s license.
1. Ability to work at a personal computer for extended periods of time.
2. Regularly travels to plant and customer sites.
1. Occasionally lifts up to 50 pounds and frequently carries up to 30 pounds.
2. Maneuvers in, around, under, and about factory and/or laboratory equipment on a regular and continuous basis.
3. Some of work time is spent standing, walking, lifting, and bending.
4. Works at telephone answering equipment, design equipment, and at a PC.
A degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology