Quality Engineer I
Hanil, Mexico Mexico
Performs a variety of assignments which impact the design, manufacturing, test, calibration, efficiency, quality and application of the company’s products. Supports production assembly lines and external customers.
Responsibilities of Position:
1. Analyzes production limitations and problems.
2. Reviews and organizes statistical data on quality of production by line, shift, and department to produce recommendations.
3. Reviews and implements specification revisions.
4. Formulates or assists in formulating quality standards, policies, programs, plans, procedures and practices.
5. Continuously reviews the economics of the quality program and makes recommendations for improvement.
6. Performs such individual assignments as supervisors and superiors may direct.
7. Ensures adequate and continuous control procedures are exercised over all assigned activities affecting quality.
8. Establishes and maintains effective work relationships with internal and external customers who broadly include suppliers and stakeholders.
9. Maintains the professional competence, knowledge and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
10. Communicates with customers and helps ensure customer satisfaction.
11. Addresses internal and external quality concerns and assists in closure of concerns.
12. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
13. Performs related duties and special projects as assigned.
1. Regular and predictable attendance.
2. Professional accreditation as a quality engineer by inappropriate authority or willingness to attain.
3. Excellent computer and communication skills.
4. Self-directed with a high degree of self-motivation.
5. Proficient computer skills and abilities with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, etc).
6. Working familiarity of automotive OEM quality systems, including TS-16949 requirements.
1. A combination of education and manufacturing experience.
Licensing or Special Certification Requirements:
1. Valid driver’s license.
1. Ability to work at a personal computer for extended periods of time.
2. May be required to travel to plant and/or customer sites.
3. Ability to travel by air travel and automobile.
1. Occasionally lifts up to 50 pounds.
2. Maneuvers in, around, under, and about factory and/or laboratory equipment on a regular and continuous basis.
3. Some of work time is spent standing, walking, lifting, and bending.
4. Works within an automotive components manufacturing, office, and laboratory setting and is exposed to heat, cold, wet, and fumes/chemicals.
Job Location Specific Requirements:
Working familiarity in IATF 16949
Bachelorâ??s Degree in engineering or engineering technology or a combination of education and manufacturing experience.