Auburn Hills, MI United States
Responsible for establishing and maintaining a capable supply base for the assigned commodities, strategy development and implementation, ensuring placement of purchase orders for production materials, management of internal activities, and AQP as required. Responsible for managing the purchasing team.
Responsibilities of Position:
1. Must control costs of purchased materials through: use of established cost targets, negotiations, market tests, make/buy proposals, design and/or process changes.
2. Must have good interpersonal skills, as position interacts with all levels of management within the company and within supplier organizations. Works closely with Program Management, Engineering, Sales, Finance, Product Development, Quality Assurance, and cost improvement committees, as required. Must be able to lead, coach, and develop the purchasing team.
1. Professionally manage sourcing requirements; place purchase orders to meet program and production schedules/timing, while maintaining and developing supplier relationships.
2. Achieved stated goals for material cost reduction targets.
3. Generate spend/cost reduction forecasts with appropriate action plans to meet assigned objectives.
4. Professionally resolve problems (both internal and external), in a fair and ethical manner.
5. Proficient in all aspect of Supplier Chain Management.
6. Liaise with Global Purchasing Groups.
7. Systems / PC Software Literate (MS Office, Project).
8. Proven leadership, excellent negotiation, and strong analytical skills.
1. Minimum five to seven years purchasing experience.
Licensing or Special Certification Requirements:
1. Valid drivers’ license.
2. Attainment of CPM level certification as recognized by the NAPM.
3. TS16949 literate.
1. Ability to work at a personal computer for extended periods of time.
1. Occasionally lifts and carries up to 10 pounds.
2. Some of work time is spent standing, walking, lifting and bending.
3. Works within an automotive components manufacturing office setting and may be exposed to heat, cold and fumes/chemicals.
Job Location Specific Requirements:
This position supports our FTDS division.
1. Bachelor’s degree in business or related field.
2. Engineering degree preferred.