Corporate Offices - Auburn Hills United States
The Purchasing Analyst is responsible for consolidating financial results and analyzing business issues relative to the global purchasing group. Contributes financial insight into daily business situations, offering strong analytical skills in such a way as to clearly define the financial impact on the corporation while offering optimal courses of action.
Responsibilities of Position:
- Responsible for coordination of the worldwide financial statement consolidation and analytical report presentations for global purchasing, including regular communications and information exchanges with purchasing representatives located throughout the world.
- Coordinates and consolidates the overall monthly, quarterly and annual KPI and financial reporting, including material cost reductions and VA/VE savings implementation.
- Involvement in the preparation and analytical efforts related to monthly, quarterly and five-year forecasts.
- Significant resource in the implementation of continual reporting and financial analysis improvement initiatives.
- Involvement in special reports, management presentations, graphics, statistical work and confidential material for management.
- General support and maintenance of department quality systems, including assistance in audit work and regulatory requirements such as Conflict Minerals reporting.
- ERP system maintenance (Purchasing Global Approved Supplier List) to include maintenance of quote and price files.
- Collaborate with our quality systems and IT for supplier scorecard and other TI Fluid Systems purchasing database enhancements such as PPAP and ASL software.
- Provide maintenance on TIPDB database as an administrator, lead Qlikview enhancements, and maintain the global purchasing SharePoint site.
- Work with the local ERP team for mapping and commodity solutions.
- General management of department projects and programs as assigned.
- Outstanding analytic/problem solving skills, with a broad perspective.
- Good knowledge of cost accounting and general accounting principles.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Self-directed with a high degree of self-motivation.
- Strong organizational skills and must be detail oriented.
- Demonstrated proficiency Microsoft Office skills (MS Word/Powerpoint/Excel)
- Team player with excellent communication skills; easily gains trust and support of others.
- Sense of urgency/high energy level.
- Interfaces well at all levels of the organization.
- 1-3 years of Purchasing and/or Finance/Accounting experience.
- Tier 1 automotive experience preferred.
Licensing or Special Certification Requirements:
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to work at a personal computer for extended periods of time.
- Occasionally lifts and carries up to 15 pounds.
- Some of work time is spent standing, walking, lifting and bending.
- Works within an automotive components manufacturing office setting and may be exposed to heat, cold and fumes/chemicals.
Bachelor degree in Finance/Accounting or other Business related field.