Program Manager II
Auburn Hills, MI United States
We are looking for a program manager for advanced development for coolant and refrigeration product development. You will manage organization of new thermal fluid flow product program, cadence and processes ensuring program delivers to objectives, on time and within budget from initial concept to successful conclusion.
Responsibilities of Position:
- Support the new thermal fluid flow product Chief Engineer in actively tracking and driving concept development program.
- Planning, justification and implementation of thermal component research and development projects ensuring effective program objectives are met.
- Coordinate and manage project cadence, communication, and tracking.
- Ensure development team are aware of and keeping to timing progress, deadlines and activities.
- Management of development processes for multiple sub-projects, ensuring standards are met.
- Manage timing and processes to support multiple customer prototype programs.
- Track and report on program budget expenditure.
- Highlight project concerns to management early and be actively involved in implementing remedial actions.
- Management of TI quality processes for new product.
- Management of new product cost estimation activities.
- Management of parts supplier interaction and ensuring supplier support is successful.
- Support discussions with customers to support new product customer development programs, including interface with customers and Engineers to determine product requirements.
- Ensure development and implementation of prototype build and test & validation activity is tracked and reported.
- Actively publicize TI Fluid Systems new thermal products to customers.
- Support TI Fluid Systems development and validation practices for new product developments.
- Successful experience in program management of multiple concurrent projects.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Experience with DVP&R, DFMEA and engineering processes & methods.
- Ability to manage program events such that engineering objectives are met.
- Ability to implement remedial actions and plans to address concerns.
- Experience in automotive fluid handling and connection technologies.
- Knowledge of vehicle coolant and refrigerant components and systems.
- Familiarity with thermal product validation requirements.
- Excellent customer interaction skills.
- Experience with product cost assessment.
- Self-directed with a high degree of self- motivation.
- Team player with ability to support a team goal.
- Proficient computer skills and abilities with Microsoft Office products.
- Knowledge of polymer material processing and development an advantage.
- Knowledge of materials used in the thermal management systems an advantage.
- 5 to 10 years minimum experience.
- Knowledge of German or Mandarin language an advantage.
Licensing or Special Certification Requirements:
- Valid drivers’ license.
- Ability to work at a personal computer for extended periods of time.
- Able to travel from work site to customer locations and other TI Fluid Systems facilities.
- Occasionally lifts and carries up to 25 pounds.
- Some of work time is spent standing, walking, lifting and bending.
- Works within an automotive components manufacturing office setting and may be exposed to heat, cold and fumes/chemicals.
Job Location Specific Requirements:
This position supports our advanced product development engineering group.
- BSME or related engineering degree preferred; bachelor’s degree required.