Program Manager II
Ossian, IN United States
This is a program leadership role that is responsible for all aspects of Program Management. This role is responsible to drive AQP and manage the supporting functional teams to deliver flawless launches. All financials and timing management and product change control will be managed by this person. This person will report directly to the Platform Launch Manager. This position will be responsible for multiple concurrent program launches.
Responsibilities of Position:
1. Track and Manage Financials and timing for all programs. Report out monthly on status.
2. Maintains and drives action plans to close open customer and program specific issues. Use of standard open issues tracking.
3. Follow AQP and standard milestone based launch process as well as drive the team for use across all programs.
4. Lead milestone reviews and senior level reporting of program issues and critical requirements that need senior level buyoff.
5. Provides timely feedback to senior management regarding customer concerns. Elevates issues in timely fashion.
6. Will support Sales staff in screening and cost gathering efforts.
7. Maintains accurate records of all product/process changes and their impact to cost.
8. Creates and conducts proposal presentations for both regional and global senior staff.
9. Controls expenses to meet budget guidelines.
10. Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
11. Support Cross functional team development via succession planning and annual review process.
12. Insures that all departments are coordinating effectively to meet required program timing and cost delivery targets.
13. Sets examples for the cross functional team in areas of personal character, commitment, organizational and selling skills, and work habits.
14. Maintains contact with all supporting department to ensure high levels of program communication and deliverables are being met.
15. Demonstrates ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees.
16. Willingness to elevate roadblocks to ensure timely resolution.
1. Strong background in communicating directly with OE customers.
2. Knowledge of customer systems and experience with managing customer relationships.
3. Strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
4. Self-directed with a high degree of self- motivation.
5. Ability to prioritize and manage time while juggling multiple programs.
6. Comprehensive understanding of launch process and critical path management.
7. Ability to lead individuals in a matrix organization across all disciples.
8. Proficient computer skills and abilities with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, etc) and Program Management software.
9. Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
1. At least 7 years of experience in related field.
2. Strong Fuel Commercial background.
Licensing or Special Certification Requirements:
1. Valid drivers? license and passport.
1. Regular and predictable attendance.
2. Ability to work at a personal computer for extended periods of time.
3. Ability travel (domestic and international).
1. Occasionally lifts and carries up to 10 pounds.
2. Some of work time is spent standing, walking, lifting and bending.
3. Works within an automotive components manufacturing office setting and may be exposed to heat, cold and fumes/chemicals.
Bachelor’s degree in related field.