Process Engineer II
Corporate Offices - Auburn Hills United States
The Senior Process Engineer Specialist works cross-functionally to lead process development of complex technologies on new products and ensures efficient and effective transfer of product into production.
Responsibilities of Position:
- Responsible for transferring product lines from one (potentially external) manufacturing site to another, working cross-functionally to ensure that product quality and compliance are maintained.
- Identifies, creates the business case and drives execution of Value Improvement Projects, taking cost out of manufacturing/business processes and products.
- Works on new product development projects as a core team member, providing product development input.
- Supports the franchise leadership team to practice new technologies for use in future products.
- Responsible to verify the manufacturing design feasibility during the quotation phase on the programs and major engineering changes.
- Responsible for supporting the Plant Managers, Engineering Managers or Maintenance positions as needed across the region.
- Assesses process capabilities, prioritizes process improvement opportunities, and innovates and implements process improvements on platform or derivative projects.
- Applies technical knowledge to innovate, design, and develop processes, procedures, tooling and/or automation.
- Executes the functional deliverables associated with the PDP/TDP, project management, and quality systems.
- Plans, organizes, and conducts all aspects of technical reviews.
- Ensures proper documentation is completed to meet quality systems requirements. (e.g., BOM’s, Routers, FMEA’s, etc.)
- Writes and reviews validation protocols and reports applicable to new processes.
- Oversees development builds associated with the project using special work requests.
- Develops qualified production lines.
- Provides Design for Manufacturability (DFM) input to the engineering print package.
- Contributes ideas to or generates Intellectual Property submissions.
- Trains and/or provides work direction to technicians and engineers and may train manufacturing personnel when required as part of validation.
- May serve as a core team member or extended team member on new product projects.
- Follow and apply global standards across the region.
- Validate, review and release manufacturing concepts/designs with our engineering department.
- At least 10 years related experience required.
- Blow Molding, welding and assembly experience required.
- MS office suite experience.
- Regulated industry experience preferred.
- Minitab and Solid Works experience preferred.
- Experience working in an automotive manufacturing environment
Licensing or Special Certification Requirements:
- Valid driver’s license and passport.
- Ability to work at a personal computer for extended periods of time.
- Travels to plant, supplier, and customer sites.
- Ability to travel up to 30%.
- Occasionally lifts up to 30 pounds and frequently carries up to 15 pounds.
- Maneuvers in, around, and about factory and/or laboratory equipment on a regular and continuous basis.
- Some of work time is spent standing, walking, lifting, and bending. Works at telephone answering equipment, design equipment, and at a PC.
- Works within an engine components manufacturing, office, and laboratory setting and is exposed to heat, cold, wet, and fumes/chemicals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required; master’s degree preferred.