New Haven, MI United States
Responsible for the PPAP Activities and Advance Quality Planning Process
Responsibilities of Position:
- Maintain Advanced Quality Planning (AQP)/Engineering Change Notice (ECN) Log
- Track Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) due dates
- Coordinate initial and annual PPAP documentation
- Interact with customers to understand AQP/PPAP requirements
- Understand Customer Specific Requirements (CSR)
- Production Trial Runs (PTR)
- Prepare PPAP samples
- Prepare and send Supplier Request for Change Approvals (SRCA)
- Follow up with customer for SRCA approvals
- Prepare and send PPAP’s and PPAP samples to customers
- Follow up with customer for PPAP approvals
- Store and maintain retained PPAP samples
- Product Process Change Checklist system (PPCC)
- Update and maintain AQP management database
- Report out AQP status
- Champion weekly AQP meetings
- Lead and follow up with team members on open items
- Generate and maintain monthly Quality Operating System (QOS) reports
- Review and approval supplier PPAP’s
- Global Quality Performance System (GQPS) entries
- Layered Process Audits (LPA)
- Other duties as assigned by the Quality Manager
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Strong professional and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interact with co-workers, customers, vendors and visitors in a respectful and professional manner.
- Proven ability to work independently as well as multi-task.
- Strong organization skills.
- Proficient computer skills and abilities with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, etc).
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
Licensing or Special Certification Requirements:
- Valid driver’s license.
- Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP)
- Production Part Approval Process (PPAP)
- Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Measurement Systems Analysis (MSA)
- Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching and climbing stairs
- Repetitive finger movement, twisting or pressure involving wrist or hands
- Lifting and carrying up to 40 lbs
- Pushing or pulling up to 50 lbs
- Use of hands and legs
- Speak clearly, oral communication and hearing conversation
- Ability for rapid manual/muscular coordination simultaneously involving wrist/hands/fingers
- Works inside within an automotive components manufacturing office setting and may be exposed to heat, cold and fumes/chemicals.
- Noise: constant above 85dcb with vibration
- Occasionally work with chemicals, grease, oils, machinery with moving parts, moving vehicles, hands in water, alone and more than 40 hours
- Eye protection required
- Hearing protection required
- Degree in Quality Assurance or Engineering or equivalent experience