Plant Operations Manager - Medium
Cartersville, GA United States
Critical site leadership position filling the gap between Engineering, Operations and Quality to act as the technical advisor to the Plant Manager, supporting them to drive a culture of continuous improvement. Provide indirect leadership to site functional teams to deliver operational excellence and performance to budget for OEE, COPQ, scrap, labor efficiency and maintenance spend. Own 5 why analysis of significant technical challenges impacting site performance. Develop corrective actions to sustainably fix, budget, obtain approval per DOA, execute and validate.
Responsibilities of Position:
1. Act as the sites most senior technical advisor supporting the Plant Manager to drive a culture of continuous improvement.
2. Develop and deliver technical training necessary to build site competency (from site leader to operator, across quality, engineering and operations).
3. Systematically audit each ?bay? area identifying best in class maintenance protocols.
4. Review actual site maintenance protocols, adjust process to match best in class and fix areas of deficiency.
5. Develop and implement sustainable business practices to ensure all engineering processes are low energy and ingrained in the culture of how the site operates.
6. Coordinate the sharing of best practices across sites in North America, driving standardization
7. Investigate areas of possible cost reduction and implement cost saving initiatives.
8. As required, for major site challenges, provide engineering assistance to solve production problems.
9. Support quality to ensure safe start ups.
10. Drive performance to reduce changeover / start up time.
11. Identify areas of high scrap rates.
12. Conduct 5 why analysis to identify root cause.
13. Work with the Quality Manager to execute changes / improvements to sustainably fix poor quality issues as early in the manufacturing process as possible.
14. Execute special projects / duties as directed by the Plant Manager.
15. Establish and maintain relations with critical 3rd party contractors, suppliers and customers.
16. Maintain professional competence, knowledge and ability necessary for the correct execution of all assigned responsibilities.
17. Work hours will vary based on available shifts and company needs.
2. Organizational awareness
3. Problem solving
5. Decision making
7. Languages: English, Spanish and German preferred
1. 15+ years experience in manufacturing in an automotive environment.
2. Extensive experience (minimum 10 years) in Plastic Blowing Molding and Extrusion Process.
3. In-depth knowledge of manufacturing principles, techniques, methods and disciplined in their application.
4. Demonstrated experience of influencing across multiple functions located within one site and across multiple site locations.
Licensing or Special Certification Requirements:
1. Valid driver’s license.
1. Ability to work at a personal computer for extended periods of time.
1. Occasionally lifts and carries up to 25 pounds.
2. Some of work time is spent standing, walking, lifting and bending.
3. Works within an automotive components manufacturing office setting and may be exposed to heat, cold and fumes/chemicals.
Mechanical, Electrical, or equivalent Engineering Degree