Plant Operations Manager - Medium
Tallassee United States
Alternate Title: Operations Manager
Fully responsible for providing day-to-day supervision and coordination of the plant operations scheduling. Provides indirect leadership to site Operational teams to deliver operational excellence and performance to budget for OEE, COPQ, scrap and labor efficiency. Supervising and directing the personnel responsible for every stage of production ensuring manufacturing of high quality and cost effective product. Oversee the planning and organization of a production process ensuring necessary labor resources are available.
Responsibilities of Position:
- Investigate areas of possible cost reduction and implement cost saving initiatives.
- As required, for major site challenges, helps to solve production problems.
- Support quality to ensure safe startups.
- Drive performance to reduce changeover / startup time.
- Identify areas of high scrap rates.
- Conduct 5 why analysis to identify root cause.
- Work with the Quality Manager to execute changes / improvements to sustainably fix poor quality issues as early in the manufacturing process as possible.
- Execute special projects / duties as directed by the Plant Manager.
- Motivate employees to perform at their best through positive encouragement and incentive initiatives.
- Coordinate different teams to foster exchange of ideas and provide cross-team learning opportunities.
- Maintain professional competence, knowledge, and ability necessary for the correct execution of all assigned responsibilities.
- Work hours will vary based on available shifts and company needs.
- Understands, leads, and can implement lean principles and practices.
- Monitoring and supervising the activities of production personnel to ensure effective performance of job duties.
- Oversee work shifts to ensure proper workload distribution.
- Delegate and assign work schedules and tasks to employees.
- Close working relationships with other department heads ensuring finished products are of best quality.
- Ensuring manufacturing and production personnel comply with set health and safety policies when carrying out job duties.
- Ability to motivate a manufacturing team to achieve set objectives and targets.
- Organizational awareness
- Problem solving
- Decision making
- Must have the ability to lead teams.
- Must possess excellent computer skills, Microsoft Office. (Excel/Word/PowerPoint)
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Function as the Plant Manager when the Plant Manager is absent
- Languages: English required & Spanish a plus.
- 15+ years experience in manufacturing in an automotive environment preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of manufacturing principles, techniques, methods and disciplined in their application.
- 3. Demonstrated experience of influencing across multiple functions located within one site and across multiple site locations.
Licensing or Special Certification Requirements:
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to work at a personal computer for extended periods of time.
- Occasionally lifts and carries up to 25 pounds.
- Some of work time is spent standing, walking, lifting and bending.
- Works within an automotive components manufacturing office setting and may be exposed to heat, cold and fumes/chemicals.
B.S. degree in operations management or business management preferred.
Fluid Systems is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless
of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age,
citizenship, marital status, pregnancy status, disability, gender
identity or Veteran status.