Plant Manager/General Manager - Large
Alternate Title: General Manager FTDS Wapienica
Manages, directs and coordinates overall plant operations. Through subordinate supervisors and managers, assures production objectives achieved within cost and quality standards.
Responsibilities of Position:
- Responsible for providing a safe and positive work environment for all employees ensuring TI Code of conduct is fully lived by all employees on the site.
- Directs total plant operations ensuring plant performance meets TI KPI and customer requirements.
- Manages P&L for the site including directing commercial activities for new programs, cost recovery for engineering changes and compliance to standards necessary as a public company
- Responsible for compliance to regional, national and TI Corporate standards / codes
- Responsible for meeting budgetary guidelines and provides guidance for establishing budgets & forecasts.
- Directs development of systems and processes to reduce operating costs and to continually improve quality and plant performance.
- Directs actions to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformities relating to product, process, and quality systems.
- Manages critical CapEx processes ensuring timely approvals and execution of approved projects
- Responsible for all Quality systems including ISO 14001, TS-16949 and TI internal QBiC / PQA.
- Hires new, develops existing employees to meet their fullest potential and addresses lower performers.
- As a regional leader is a role model to promote and support Company’s mission, vision, corporate top values and to represent TI externally within the community where the site is based.
- Performs related duties and special projects as assigned by Supervisor.
- Significant experience and understanding of P&L Management including budgeting and forecasting,
- Significant experience managing a heavy industry Operational platform
- Strong knowledge of engineering, material planning, logistics, quality and HR functions.
- Working knowledge of automotive OEM quality systems, including TS-16949 requirements.
- Natural people leader, comfortable dealing with conflict.
- Ability to direct personnel through a daily management rhythm to ensure plant goals and objectives are achieved.
- Self-directed with a high degree of self- motivation and excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
Licensing or Special Certification Requirements:
- Valid passport and driver’s license.
- Ability to work at a personal computer for extended periods of time.
- Ability to travel regularly to plant, vendor, and customer sites worldwide.
- Occasionally lifts and carries up to 50 pounds and frequently carries up to 30 pounds
- Maneuvers in, around, under, and about factory and/or laboratory equipment on a regular and continuous basis.
- Some of work time is spent standing, walking, lifting and bending.
- Works within an automotive components manufacturing office setting and may be exposed to heat, cold and fumes/chemicals.
Job Location Specific Requirements:
REQIREMENTS:Higher technical educationProficiency in English and PolishHigh level of professional ethicsActive driving license of category BStrong motivation to reach strategic goals of the plantDUTIES:responsible for the Process: Management and Improvement,management and supervision over all processes connected with production, including annual goals setting for departments,process performance analysis,optimization of above-mentioned processes,supervision over realisation of production plans, ensuring needed resources,co-create annual and mid-term budgets,supervision over budget implementation according to assumptions made,supervision over efficiency of subordinates,deploying and sustaining corrective and preventive actions,providing management reserve via plans of succession,supervision over CI i CS activities,supervision corrective and preventive actions,surveillance and control of compliance with labour law and rules of Staff Regulations (Regulamin Pracy) in the area of management.Compliance with H&S principles and Fire protection norms, in particular:organization and management of work in a way that protects employees from accidents at work, other potentially accidental incidents and occupational diseasesorganization of workstations in compliance with H&S requirements,execution of employees’ compliance with H&S requirements,immediate reaction potentially accidental incidents, participation in maintenance and improvement of QMS and Environmental System.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical, business administration or related field
- In-depth knowledge of engineering principles, techniques, methods, and disciplined in their application.
- 10 years+ direct management experience including at least 5 years managing managers
- 10 years+ working in a manufacturing environment