Plant HR Manager - Medium
FCS San Luis Potosi Mexico
Administers human resources plans, policies, practices and programs throughout the plant.
Responsibilities of Position:
1. Directs the interpretation and application of human resources polices, programs, practices and procedures consistently and appropriately throughout assigned location.
2. Supervises the plant employment and placement functions.
3. Conducts training and orientation sessions for employees.
4. Directs the plant safety program.
5. May supervise the application of payroll to plant personnel and relations with payroll vendor.
6. Administers wage and salary polices, EEO compliance activities, governmental wage and hour regulations, work measurements projects and conduct of local pay, benefit and HR practice surveys.
7. Directs employee communications programs.
8. Represents the plant in workers? compensation and unemployment matters.
9. Performs such individual assignments as supervisors and superiors may direct; ensures adequate and continuous controls are exercised over all assigned activities affecting quality; establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the Corporation and the community; and maintains the professional competence, knowledge and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
10. Performs those administrative activities necessary for the effective management of the department, including provision for the selection and development of employees, pay administration, budget administration, employee safety, employee counseling and motivation, organization goals and objectives, and planning, organizing, integrating, and measuring the work performed within the department and ensures adequate and continuous control is exercised over the activities affecting quality.
1. Broad technical knowledge of the laws and regulations surrounding human resources with excellent human relations and judgment skills.
2. Absolute confidentiality required.
3. Strong analytical skills.
4. Self-directed with a high degree of self- motivation.
5. Energetic, detail oriented and results-focused team player.
6. Excellent interpersonal, conflict resolution and problem solving skills.
7. Excellent written and verbal communications skills at all levels within an organization.
8. Proficient computer skills and abilities with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, etc).
1. General business management and communications skills typically gained through the completion of a bachelor?s degree.
Licensing or Special Certification Requirements:
1. Valid drivers? license.
1. Ability to work at a personal computer for extended periods of time.
2. Ability to tolerate stress.
3. Ability to travel (including air travel and long automobile trips).
1. Occasionally lifts and carries up to 25 pounds.
2. Some of work time is spent standing, walking, lifting and bending.
3. Works within an automotive components manufacturing setting and may be exposed to heat, cold and fumes/chemical or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Bachelor?s degree or general business management and communications skills.