Ligonier Plant United States
Plans, schedules and orders raw materials as necessary for production. Ensures resource planning is accomplished and interfaces with suppliers and other departments to ensure plant never runs out of components while achieving inventory targets set.
Duties and Requirements of the Job:
- Translates production schedules in to component orders with 3rd party suppliers
- Schedules the flow of production and/or materials, supplies and parts within and between departments.
- Plans and monitors inventory to ensure inventory goals are realized.
- Makes recommendations about changes to policies or procedures while ensuring an accurate scheduling and planning data base, including revisions control is maintained.
- Utilization of electronic and manual ordering system.
- Is first line for daily communication with suppliers.
- Works with freight companies to ensure timely receipt of goods
- Minimize obsolescence through careful BPCS planning
- Work Program and Launch Management to ensure the timely launch of new projects and engineering changes
- Ensures proper flow of dunnage and returnables
- Transfer data from operations within BPCS to ensure accurate inventory data at all times
- Prepare KPI reports, escalating critical issues per Hartwell policy guidelines
- Performs such individual assignments as the supervisor may direct; establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the Corporation and the community; and maintains the professional competence, knowledge and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
Training, Knowledge and Experience:
- Ideally experience in the use of BPCS / SAP enterprise planning systems
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to maintain required paperwork and documentation.
- Must have good computer skills and good typing skills.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks in an efficient manner.
- Must be able to maintain a high degree of attention to detail.
- Must work well with others.
- Occasionally lifts and carries up to 10 pounds.
- Maneuvers in, around, under and about factory equipment on a regular and continuous basis.
- Some of work time is spent standing, walking, lifting and bending.
- Works within an automotive components manufacturing office setting and may be exposed to heat, cold and fumes/chemicals.
- May be required to travel to plant and/or customer sites worldwide.
Associates Degree and/or 3 years + experience of planning processes in a manufacturing environment