Mlada Boleslav Czech Republic
Provides support to the Production Department by ensuring that inventory levels of components and materials are maintained at appropriate levels and makes adjustments in accordance to customer demand.
Responsibilities of Position:
1. May supervise Material Analyst and/or Material Specialist position.
2. Coordinates cycle counts on raw materials.
3. Relays cycle count information back to Materials Manager on a weekly basis in an accurate manner and makes necessary adjustments based on approvals.
4. Reviews MRP reports and expedites, de-expedites or cancels orders with suppliers via telephone, e-mail or fax in order to achieve on-time delivery and inventory level goals upon reviewing min/max or releases.
5. Assists Materials Manager in developing/implementing lean manufacturing techniques, as well as other material department personnel in implementing and maintaining lean manufacturing practices and CSA activities.
6. Updates supplier delivery performance on a daily basis and then provides monthly totals.
7. Provides monthly performance reports to suppliers and requests corrective actions from suppliers, when applicable, and notifies corporate purchasing.
8. Reviews dispositioned hold tags and makes the necessary inventory adjustments.
9. Maintains BPCS inventory and MRP system files.
10. Tracks inbound premium freight to assist in meeting plant/departmental goals.
11. Maintains component inventory sheets.
12. Reviews peak requirements, then adjusts and revises Kanban sizes.
13. Performs BPICS backflush audits and relays findings to the Materials Manager in a timely manner.
14. Reviews supplier releases on a weekly basis and communicates any schedule changes to the supplier.
15. Coordinates break points for engineering changes or balance outs.
16.Â Reviews negative on-hand reports and investigates all discrepancies.
17. Reviews various inventory and MRP reports and initiates cycle counts to achieve on-time delivery and inventory-level goals.
18. Assists with physical inventories.
19. Other duties as assigned.
1. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including good telephone etiquette skills.
2. Excellent computer skills, preferably with Microsoft Windows software.
1. A minimum of six months in a manufacturing environment.
2. Prior experience in automotive industry a plus.
3. Prior experience with MRP.
4. Prior experience with BPCS a plus.
1. Regular and predictable attendance.
2. Nothing that would prohibit overnight or extended travel.
3. Ability to travel (including air travel and long automobile trips).
1. Occasionally lifts and/or carries up to 50 pounds.
2. Maneuvers in, around and under factory and/or laboratory equipment on a regular and continuous basis.
3. Some of work time is spent standing, walking, lifting and bending.
4. Much time is spent sitting and working on a computer.
5. Works within an automotive components manufacturing office and laboratory setting. Exposure to heat, cold and fumes/chemicals.
Job Location Specific Requirements:
KnowledgeÂ typicallyÂ evidencedÂ byÂ aÂ degreeÂ inÂ businessÂ preferred.