Jr Account Manager
Evaluate/quote changes to current and new business; support price negotiations; identify and pursue new business opportunities; support sales forecast process; achieve positive working relationships with both internal and external customers.
Responsibilities of Position:
1. Maintain positive working relationships with internal and external customers; attend meetings as needed.
2. Work cross-functionally (Engineering, Purchasing, Estimating) to estimate costs for quotations.
3. Provide inputs for the TI production forecast (MTP & Roll) by customer/platform.
4. Initiate tool notifications (approve and release funding) for new products and changes to current products.
5. Review and approve blanket contracts/purchase orders.
6. Process production and prototype quotations and orders; provide follow up to customer as needed.
7. Prepare and maintain various reports and internal project screening documents as required.
8. Attend internal and customer meetings as required.
9. Assist Accounting in the resolution of unpaid invoices.
10. Maintain contact with customer web-sites to download RFQ?s, Purchase Orders and all TI-relevant data.
11. Identify new business opportunities with assigned customers.
12. Drive quotations through the TI Automotive CMP (Change Management Process).
13. Support commercial negotiations with spreadsheet analysis and presentation materials as needed.
14. Support APQP process commercial deliverables/tasks as required.
1. Must be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision and/or direction.
2. Effective communication (oral and written), organizational, and interpersonal skills.
3. Computer proficiency using MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
4. Must possess the ability to set priorities and to meet commitments.
5. Previous experience within the automotive industry helpful; knowledge of Ford, GM and/or DCX supplier databases preferred
Licensing or Special Certification Requirements:
1. Valid driver’s license.
1. Ability to work at a personal computer for extended periods of time.
2. Must be willing to travel domestically to TI NA Headquarters, other plants, and customer sites, if necessary. Estimate up to 25% travel.
1. Occasionally lifts and carries up to 15 pounds.
2. Some of work time is spent standing, walking, lifting and bending.
3. Works within an automotive components manufacturing office setting and may be exposed to heat, cold and fumes/chemicals.
Job Location Specific Requirements:
Maintain Customer Relationships:Contacts with customer Purchasing Dept.Participation in Projects Meetings to collect some economic and/or strategic info for the businessParticipation in building Performance Plan and ensure the follow up to the teamManage Customer Orders and project follow-up:Make quotations and negotiations for all modifications required during all project phases (development, serial, etc...) : product, process, logistic, etc,...Guarantee prices and tooling follow-up during all projects phases (development, serial, etc...)Control customer orders receiptsManage quotations for prototypes parts and tooling, pre-serial, ect...Represent Sales in customer and internal meetings when needed Make sure to guarantee customer satisfaction on all projectsBusiness plan: Budget & MTPSupport Budget & MTP process: analyse market volume against customer data, plan SOP prices and lifetime price development, implement data in SDB, support review preparationRequirements:Experience on similar position in automotive industryReporting and presentation skillsGood negotiation skillsFluency in English and FrenchOpen-minded for customer relationship and team spiritValid work permit (for non-EU citizens)
Four year related degree or equivalent education and experience.