IT Programmer - HR Systems
Corporate Offices - Auburn Hills United States
Reviews, analyzes, and modifies programming for HR systems including encoding, testing, debugging and documenting programs. Responsible for the compliance of code standards, IT governance and best programming practices. Will build both the back-end and client side of the application.
Responsibilities of Position:
- Responsible for designing and developing robust technical solutions for a complex HR system with great attention to detail and design.
- Conduct research and fact finding to develop or modify complex information systems.
- Perform and design unit testing to ensure the quality of the code produced.
- Address existing and potential trouble areas in the system and recommend new solutions.
- Work closely with HR system administrator and other HR members to develop the system concept, interface design, and architecture of the system.
- Plan, estimate and implement programming tasks.
- Defines and maintains architecture and technology standards and best practices for applications, middle ware, and databases including both in-house development as well as third-party applications.
- Perform quality control, code reviews and standard data validations prior to production release.
- Troubleshoot complex system problems and performance issues as needed.
- Document programming problems and resolutions for future reference.
- Maintain strict confidentiality with regard to the information being processed stored or accessed.
- Support and adhere to Development defined standards, practices and procedures.
- Clearly understands the full breadth of workflow and how specific projects affect the company as a whole.
- Strong experience using MS SQL, SQL reporting, Angular JS, C#, ASP.Net MVC, and Visual Studio.
- Experience in UI/UX, Restful Web Services, Object Oriented Programming, and Source Control is a plus.
- Expert Knowledge of Microsoft products and technologies.
- Systematic approach to identify, assess and manage changes within the system to minimize risk and the integrity of the system.
- Willing to learn and teach new technologies and stay updated in new versions and application tools.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals and professional journals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Self-motivated and able to complete tasks independently.
- Strong project management skills.
- 3+ years as a .net developer
Licensing or Special Certification Requirements:
- Valid driver’s license
- Certifications a plus
- Ability to work at a personal computer for extended periods of time.
- Occasionally lifts and carries up to 25 pounds.
BA in Computer Science or related Information Technology field.