IT Manager II - Systems
Corporate Offices - Auburn Hills United States
Alternate Title: Senior Cloud Engineer
TI Fluid Systems is a global automotive manufacturing firm that is looking to add a talented Senior Cloud Engineer to their Cloud Team. We have embarked on a digital transformation initiative with cloud at the core and are working on a large scale migration of OnPrem based infrastructure and all Windows/Linux hosted Global Applications in 3 global datacenters to the AWS cloud.
This individual will be responsible for the development and implementation of architectural solutions to meet business requirements in application hosting, infrastructure provisioning & automation, performance, cost optimization, networking and security. The position will be responsible for company standards of cloud architecture, design and implementation of Cloud Solutions and collaborating with internal and external stakeholders on proper design, validation, and implementation of their solutions. We have a partnership in place with a leading cloud managed services provider who is assisting with migration and providing a broad scope of cloud operation and security services which this position will have ongoing roles in overseeing our technical direction and ensuring Well Architected principles are being followed and managed effectively.
This position offers a unique opportunity for a person with deep experience on the AWS Cloud to drive strategy and own digital transformation activities to meet business goals while leveraging latest generation technology solutions. We also foresee many opportunities to leverage our cloud footprint to build out strategy and implementation around Industry 4.0 initiatives.
Duties and Requirements of the Job:
- Use expertise and experience to provide architectural design, direction, and assistance to systems analysts, IT engineers, application teams and other systems architects.
- Document and develop in-depth knowledge of existing IT cloud architecture/infrastructure, and technology portfolios.
- Collaborate with other team members and develop / manage an IT cloud infrastructure capacity strategy.
- Develop, manage, communicate, & enforce cloud technology standards & policies.
- Conduct research on emerging cloud technologies in support of infrastructure development efforts and recommend technologies that will increase cost effectiveness, infrastructure flexibility and scalability.
- Develop, document, make recommendations, and communicate plans for investing in IT cloud infrastructure, including analysis of cost reduction opportunities.
- Responsible for complete design, systems analysis, and security.
- Validation of application teams design for adherence to company standards.
- Participates in proof of concepts to assist in defining technology direction and enabling business strategy.
- Communicates and validates program architecture with infrastructure team, security team, and other organizational teams.
- Conducts end-to-end technical plan design, develop infrastructure blueprints for the implementation of new solution, create impact analysis and design modifications to existing systems to support new solutions.
- Maintain a common documentation library of standardized procedures and configurations.
- Support incident management and other ITIL processes as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills Required to Perform the Duties of the Job:
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing solutions on the AWS Cloud Platform (5+ years)
- Demonstrated experience in developing Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, Jenkins, CloudFormation, Python, PowerShell, NodeJS).
- Knowledge of RESTful Web Services, XML, JSON.
- Demonstrated experience in designing and implementing enterprise network architecture strategies, including cloud networking technology and strategies (Transit Gateway, VPC, Routing, DNS, VPNs).
- Knowledge of designing strategy for application hosting that include scalability, performance, cost optimization, security, and availability pillars as outlined in industry best practices for well architected frameworks.
- Hands-on experience with core LAN/WAN network technologies.
- Proven ability in troubleshooting and issue resolution for challenges faced around application performance, network connectivity and performance, infrastructure robustness, security, access etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with information and application security concepts including public key encryption, remote access, access credentials, and certificate-based authentication.
- Strong professional and interpersonal skills, treats people in respectful and professional manner.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Work and act in a safe manner.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Competent in Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
Physical Requirements to Perform the Duties of the Job:
- Ability to work at a computer for a long period of time.
- Occasionally lifts and carries up to 25 pounds.
- Some of work time is spent standing, walking, lifting and bending.
Licensing or Other Special Certifications Required:
- Certification in AWS technology (other cloud platform certifications are bonus).
- Valid passport.
- Must have valid permanent employment authorization for US and be currently residing in the US.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar discipline required.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or similar discipline preferred