Tallassee United States
Summary of Position:
Responsible to maintain full authorized headcount, trained in a safety environmental and health moral through accomplish of company’s policies and procedures.
1. 3 or more years in HR positions.
1. Good knowledge of Microsoft Office.
2. Interview techniques.
3. Payroll ERP Unionized personnel management.
4. Team work, focus on service, sense of urgency, work under pressure, problem solution, and communication.
Job Title: HR Supervisor
Position Reports To (Title): HR Manager and Plant Manager
Job Summary: Administers human resources plans, policies, practices and programs throughout the plant and supports managerial direction to maintain a union free work environment
Duties and Requirements of the Job:
1. Directs the interpretation and application of human resources policies, programs, practices and procedures consistently and appropriately throughout the plant.
2. Supervises the plant employment and placement functions, both hourly and salaried.
3. Conducts training and orientation sessions for employees.
4. Lead plant’s Health and Safety (OSHA) administration and programs, including safety committee, safe workplace improvements and updating procedures and training programs.
5. Directs payroll administration activities, ensuring compliance to the EEOC and governmental wage and hour regulations with support from corporate HR.
6. Lead employee services, benefits, recognition, and communication programs.
7. Represents the plant in Worker’s Compensation and Unemployment matters.
8. Performs such individual assignments as the supervisor may direct; establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the Corporation and the community; and maintains the professional competence, knowledge and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
9. Performs administrative activities, including provision for the selection and development of employees, pay administration, employee safety, employee counseling and motivation. Also including, but not limited to organization goals and objectives, planning, organizing, integrating and measuring the work performed within the department and ensure adequate and continuous control is exercised over the activities affecting quality.
Training, Knowledge and Experience:
1. Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. In-depth knowledge of the laws and regulations surrounding human resources & safety with excellent employee relations and judgment skills.
3. Training in problem solving techniques.
Physical Requirements to Perform the Duties of the Job:
1. Nothing that would prohibit overnight or extended travel.
2. Ability to travel (including air travel and automobile trips).
Licensing or Other Special Certifications Required:
1. SPHR preferred
1. Occasionally lifts and / or carries up to 10 pounds.
2. Maneuvers in, around, under and about factory and / or laboratory equipment on a regular and continuous basis.
3. Some of work time is spent standing, walking, lifting and bending.
4. Works a telephone answering equipment, design equipment and at a PC.
5. Works within an automotive components manufacturing office setting and may be exposed to heat, cold and fumes/chemicals.
6. May be required to travel to plant and/or customer sites worldwide.
Bachelor degree in Business, Accounting, Human Resources, or related.