Group Internal Controls Manager
This is a key role within the business, Group Finance has a high profile and visibility within the business, and internal control transformation and ‘UK SOX’ is a key focal area of the Group in the next few years.
The role involves focusing on strengthening the internal control environment, developing and enforcing the group framework and standard for controls in the Group Controls Framework (GCF), and monitoring of compliance. In addition, with the expected implementation of regulations and requirements around the new ‘UK SOX’, this role will be responsible for supporting the strategic and tactical planning, project management, and implementation of Group directions with the individual divisions and business units.
Working in a small team with all Group operations, this role requires strong planning and organisational skills to drive initiatives. Work will involve internal/external meetings, close liaisons with divisions and various senior stakeholders, data analysis, and significant report writing. Therefore, strong communication skills, both verbal and written, are required, as well as the ability to build rapport and strong relationships with stakeholders. The role needs to be a good team player with strong influencing and negotiation skills and the ability to work effectively with diverse business groups.
Responsibilities of Position:
- Working closely with Group Head of Internal Controls, VP Risk & Global Controller, and the Divisional Finance Directors, to maintain and enforce the Group’s framework of financial controls, including enforcement of compliance, management of exceptions, implementation of a structured methodology to ensure continuing compliance under the Group Controls Framework (GCF).
- To provide objective assurance to the Executive Committee and the Audit & Risk Committee on the effectiveness of TIFS’s system of risk management and its internal control environment. To support the divisions to accomplish its objectives and requirements on internal controls by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes as well as providing consulting advice designed to add value and improve operations.
- This position works closely with and reports to the Head of Internal Controls in developing the strategic plan and roadmap for the company to adopt the upcoming ‘UK SOX’ requirements, and support the implementation of the required control standards.
- To maintain close liaison with Group Internal Audit on key findings from internal audits and on achieving the level of assurance from different reviews as expected by the Audit & Risk Committee and the Executive Committee.
- To update and maintain the control framework for the respective divisions with any system and process modifications and changes.
- To produce Audit & Risk Committee and Executive Committee papers as required.
- ACA or equivalent with 3+yrs PQE
- 2+ years of managerial experience ideally in the Big 4
- Strong financial control and operational/compliance audits experience
- Excellent writing & verbal communication skills
- Strong influencing & negotiation skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to manage a team effectively and inspire the higher potential of team members
- Experience in large-scale multi-site manufacturing operations
- Experience of working internationally in different cultures
- Experience in building and managing relationships with senior stakeholders
- Absolute confidentiality
- Problem-solving and analytical capabilities
- Ability to interface confidently with all departments and units of TI Fluid Systems worldwide
- Self-motivated, flexible and detail-oriented, and able to work with minimal direction
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Proficient computer skills and abilities with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, database applications, etc)
- Data mining and continuous system-based auditing program experience
- Regular and dependable attendance
- Oxford, UK, and other locations will be considered
Licensing or Special Certification Requirements:
- Driver’s license
- Valid passport
- 30-45% domestic and international travel required
- An extensive and complete knowledge of accounting principles and practices as gained by completion of a relevant accountancy professional qualification and/or a Bachelor’s Degree in Business with a strong emphasis on Auditing, Accounting, and Business. MBA is a plus
- Certification required in one of the following: MBA, CPA, CIA, CRMA, CFE, CMA
TI Fluid Systems is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.