Group Head of Internal Controls
This is a key role within the business, Group Finance has a high profile and visibility within the business, and internal control transformation and ‘UK SOX’ is a key focal area of the Group.
The role involves focusing on continuing strengthening of the internal control environment, developing and enforcing the group framework and standard for controls, and monitoring of compliance. In addition, with the expected implementation of regulations and requirements around the new ‘UK SOX’, this role will be responsible for the overall strategic and tactical planning, project management, and implementation of Group directions with the individual divisions and business units.
Working in a small team with all Group operations, this role requires strong planning and organisational skills to drive initiatives. Work will involve internal/external meetings, close liaisons with divisions and various senior stakeholders, data analysis, and significant report writing. Therefore, strong communication skills, both verbal and written, are required, as well as the ability to build rapport and strong relationships with stakeholders. The role needs to be a good team player with strong influencing and negotiation skills and the ability to work effectively with diverse business groups.
Responsibilities of Position:
- Working closely with VP Risk & Global Controller, the Divisional Finance Directors, and the Group Internal Audit function, to maintain and enforce the Group’s framework of financial controls, including enforcement of compliance, management of exceptions, implementation of a structured methodology to ensure continuing compliance and embedding of controls under the Group Controls Framework (GCF).
- Provide regular reports to the Audit & Risk Committee on the development of TIFS’s system of risk management and its internal control environment, and the status of the Group’s control transformation journey. To support Essentra to accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes as well as providing consulting advice designed to add value and improve operations.
- With the expected implementation of requirements on internal control reporting in the UK (‘UK SOX’), to assess the implications on the Group including gap analysis, to develop and implement a detailed project plan, and provide Group directions and guidance for implementation at the divisional/business unit level. This role holds the overall responsibility for driving the journey towards compliance with the upcoming UK SOX requirements.
- In line with the expected high standards of internal controls for FTSE listed entities, our ambitions are that the Group’s financial control framework is more agile, effective, efficient, and, above all, embedded within everything we do. The Group Controls Framework serves as a backbone for establishing a robust and effective financial controls environment across the whole group. This position will have an important role in setting the appropriate standards, embedding the controls, and bringing the overall standard of controls within the Group to a higher level of maturity and robustness, as well as continuing updates to the framework to reflect changes in requirements and conditions.
- To maintain close liaison with Group Internal Audit on key findings from internal audits and on achieving the level of assurance from different reviews as expected by the Audit & Risk Committee and the Executive Committee.
- ACA or equivalent with 5+yrs PQE
- 4+ years of managerial experience ideally in the Big 4
- Strong financial control and operational/compliance audits experience
- Excellent writing & verbal communication skills
- Strong influencing & negotiation skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to manage a team effectively and inspire a higher potential of team members
- Experience in large-scale multi-site manufacturing operations
- Experience of working internationally in different cultures
- Experience in building and managing relationships with senior stakeholders
- Absolute confidentiality
- Problem-solving and analytical capabilities
- Ability to interface confidently with all departments and units of TI Fluid Systems worldwide
- Self-motivated, flexible and detail-oriented, and able to work with minimal direction
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Proficient computer skills and abilities with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, database applications, etc)
- Data mining and continuous system-based auditing programme experience
- Regular and dependable attendance
- Oxford, UK, and other locations will be considered
Licensing or Special Certification Requirements:
- Driver’s license
- Valid passport
- 30-45% domestic and international travel required
- Ability to work at a personal computer, or be on manufacturing floors, for extended periods of time
An extensive and complete knowledge of accounting principles and practices as gained by completion of a relevant accountancy professional qualification and/or Bachelor’s Degree in Business with a strong emphasis on Auditing, Accounting, and Business. MBA is a plus
Certification required in one of the following: MBA, CPA, CIA, CRMA, CFE, CMA
TI Fluid Systems is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.