Auburn Hills, Tech Center United States
For our e-Mobility Innovation Center in Auburn Hills, MI, we are looking for an engineer for advanced development of coolant and refrigeration products. You will be responsible for managing advanced product customer development programs, supporting projects from research to customer pre-production program level.
Responsibilities of Position:
- Planning, justification, implementation, and analysis of customer joint thermal component development projects ensuring effective program objectives are met
- Apply component design and manufacturing awareness to thermal product development for optimized economic performance
- Support discussions with customers to support new product development programs, including interface with customers and Engineers to determine product requirements
- Management of new product range BOM, product selection, cost assessment and prototype quoting for customer advanced programs
- Identify appropriate manufacturing techniques and liaise with manufacturing teams globally to develop and implement customer approach
- Coordinate with internal and external suppliers for prototype components & tooling
- Support development and implementation of prototype build and test & validation plans
- Analysis of product test plans and problem-solving issues
- Actively publicize TI Fluid Systems new thermal products to customers
- Support TI Fluid Systems development and validation practices for new product developments
- Provide direction to designers and sub-contractors on development activities
- Support hand over of new technologies to application engineering teams
- Excellent customer interaction skills
- Experience in automotive fluid handling and connection technologies
- Knowledge of vehicle coolant and refrigerant components and systems
- Knowledge of thermal products and systems for electrified vehicles
- Ability to manage program events such that engineering objectives are met.
- Experience with thermal system BOM management and component development
- Experience with DVP&R, DFMEA and engineering processes & methods
- Experience with thermal product validation requirements
- Experience with product cost assessment
- Experience in polymer material processing and development
- Familiarity with extrusion and injection molding manufacturing processes
- Knowledge of materials used in the thermal management systems an advantage
- Self-directed with a high degree of self- motivation.
- Strong hands-on mentality
- Team player with ability to support a team goal
- Proficient computer skills and abilities with Microsoft Office products
- Simulation experience with 1D, FEA and/or CFD an advantage
- Experience with CAD design software an advantage.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
Licensing or Special Certification Requirements:
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to work at a personal computer for extended periods of time.
- Ability to travels to plant, supplier, and customer sites.
- Occasionally lifts up to 30 pounds and frequently carries up to 15 pounds.
- Maneuvers in, around, and about factory and/or laboratory equipment on a regular and continuous basis.
- Some of work time is spent standing, walking, lifting, and bending.
- Works within an automotive components manufacturing, office, and laboratory setting and is exposed to heat, cold, moisture, and fumes/chemicals.
- Minimum of BSME or related engineering degree
- 2 to 5 years minimum experience
- Knowledge of German or Mandarin language an advantage
TI Fluid Systems is committed to
equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status,
pregnancy status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.