Manage engineering programs from quote through launch for the design and detail fuel assemblies and components.
Responsibilities of Position:
- Design, develop and validate product from concept to production.
- Interface with account and platform managers as well as customers to determine product requirements.
- Establish design parameters to ensure that product design is feasible for manufacturing.
- Provide direction to designers with consideration for fabrication, processing and assembly of the product.
- Implement design through a formal program of AQP.
- Approve all product-engineering drawings: identify or establish performance and material specifications.
- Analyze components for relevant failure modes and create formal documentation (DFMEA).
- Validate all designs and prepare reports summarizing results (e.g., DVP&R).
- Simplify and standardize current and new designs to maximize economic benefits.
- Coordinate prototype orders, build and submission.
- Ensure program objectives are met.
- Performs related duties and special projects as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in the Automotive Industry.
- Ability to interact professionally with internal and external customers to maintain a positive working relationship.
- Result oriented, operates with integrity and trust, customer focus and conflict management skills.
- Ability to formulate and implement solutions to design problems.
- Ability to manage program events such that engineering objectives are met.
- Self-directed with a high degree of self-motivation.
- Proficient computer skills and abilities with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, etc).
Licensing or Special Certification Requirements:
- Valid drivers’ license.
- Ability to work at a personal computer for extended periods of time.
- Able to travel from work site to customer locations and other TI Fluid Systems facilities.
- Occasionally lifts and carries up to 25 pounds.
- Some of work time is spent standing, walking, lifting and bending.
- Works within an automotive components manufacturing office setting and may be exposed to heat, cold and fumes/chemicals.
Job Location Specific Requirements:
Duties and Requirements of the Job:QUOTE PHASEcreate DVP (design validation plan)DESIGN PHASEcreate technical presentation for internal and external purposeprepare DVP, communicate and find mutual agreement with customercoordinate simple engineering tasksprepare technical information/documents for other departments e.g Purchasingdraft component specificationsdraft component DVPsPROTOTYPE PHASEsupport process engineers during blow molding, welding and assembly trialscreate test plan, schedule individual tests with support from testing groupschedule and specify prototypes for DV testingrelease Prototype samplesVALIDATION PHASEmaintain and update DVPcreate clear test proceduresfollow up testing activitiesprovide prototyping team with needed information as PBCL (proto build and check list) drawings, specs, physical presence, etc.give validation status of project to Application Engineer or Engineering Manageruploading engineering documents in internal and external databasesupdate documents in internal and external databasesINDUSTRIALISATION / MASS PRODUCTIONprovide support to solve technical issuessupport industrialization activity up to SOP + 90 dayssupport PPAP (Production Part Approval Process)lead change management activities after SOP for engineering topicstake over engineering activities after SOP (plant support)support Plant / Supplier cost reduction activityFUNCTIONAL COMPETENCEdocument and improve expertise continuouslycreate and update templates for test proceduresRequirements:1-3 years’ experience in automotive businessteam player skillsused to working under time pressure, both independently and efficientlypersonal commitment to achieve optimal results taking into account costs and deadlinesfirst experience in project managementVery good English (B2) and German language skillswillingness to travel and to stay abroad on regular base for short term (up to 6 weeks)Valid work permit (for non-EU citizens)
- Minimum of BSME or related engineering degree