Support engineering programs from quote through launch for the design and detail of fluid assemblies and components.
Responsibilities of Position:
- Design, develop and validate product from concept to production.
- Interface with account and platform managers as well as customers to determine product requirements.
- Establish design parameters to ensure that product design is feasible for manufacturing.
- Provide direction to designers with consideration for fabrication, processing and assembly of the product.
- Implement design through a formal program of AQP.
- Approve all product-engineering drawings: identify or establish performance and material specifications.
- Analyze components for relevant failure modes and create formal documentation (DFMEA).
- Validate all designs and prepare reports summarizing results (e.g., DVP&R).
- Simplify and standardize current and new designs to maximize economic benefits.
- Coordinate prototype orders, build and submission.
- Ensure program objectives are met.
- Performs related duties and special projects as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in the Automotive Industry.
- Ability to interact professionally with internal and external customers to maintain a positive working relationship.
- Result oriented, operates with integrity and trust, customer focus and conflict management skills.
- Ability to formulate and implement solutions to design problems.
- Ability to manage program events such that engineering objectives are met.
- Self-directed with a high degree of self-motivation.
- Proficient computer skills and abilities with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, etc).
Licensing or Special Certification Requirements:
- Valid drivers’ license.
- Ability to work at a personal computer for extended periods of time.
- Able to travel from work site to customer locations and other TI Fluid Systems facilities.
- Occasionally lifts and carries up to 25 pounds.
- Some of work time is spent standing, walking, lifting and bending.
- Works within an automotive components manufacturing office setting and may be exposed to heat, cold and fumes/chemicals.
- Minimum of BSME or related engineering degree