Auburn Hills, MI United States
For our development center in Auburn Hills, MI we are looking for an engineer for advanced development in coolant and refrigeration product development. You will actively participate in thermal fluid flow based new product development programs from initial concept to successful conclusion. Support projects from research to customer production program level.
Responsibilities of Position:
1. Concepting and development of new thermal fluid flow based product technologies.
2. Planning, justification, implementation, and analysis of thermal component research and development projects ensuring effective program objectives are met.
3. Apply component design and manufacturing awareness to thermal product development for optimized economic performance.
4. Management of new product range BOM and cost assessment.
5. Identify appropriate manufacturing techniques and liaise with manufacturing teams globally to develop and implement approach.
6. Support discussions with customers to support new product development programs, including interface with customers and Engineers to determine product requirements.
7. Support development and implementation of prototype build and test & validation plans.
8. Analysis of product test plans and problem solving issues.
9. Actively publicize TI Fluid Systems new thermal products to customers.
10. Support TI Fluid Systems development and validation practices for new product developments.
11. Provide direction to designers and sub-contractors on development activities.
1. Experience in polymer material processing and development.
2. Experience in automotive fluid handling and connection technologies.
3. Knowledge of vehicle coolant and refrigerant components and systems.
4. Knowledge of thermal products and systems for electrified vehicles.
5. Experience with DVP&R, DFMEA and engineering processes & methods.
6. Familiarity with extrusion and injection molding manufacturing processes.
7. Familiarity with thermal product validation requirements.
8. Excellent customer interaction skills.
9. Experience with product cost assessment.
10. Ability to manage program events such that engineering objectives are met.
11. Self-directed with a high degree of self-motivation.
12. Strong hands on mentality.
13. Team player with ability to support a team goal.
14. Proficient computer skills and abilities with Microsoft Office products.
15. Simulation experience with 1D, FEA and/or CFD an advantage.
16. Knowledge of materials used in the thermal management systems an advantage.
17. Experience with CAD design software an advantage.
18. Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Ability to explain concepts to others.
1. 2 to 5 years minimum experience.
2. Knowledge of German or Mandarin language an advantage.
Licensing or Special Certification Requirements:
1. Valid drivers’ license.
1. Ability to work at a personal computer for extended periods of time.
2. Able to travel from work site to customer locations and other TI Fluid Systems facilities.
1. Occasionally lifts and carries up to 25 pounds.
2. Some of work time is spent standing, walking, lifting and bending.
3. Works within an automotive components manufacturing office setting and may be exposed to heat, cold and fumes/chemicals.
Job Location Specific Requirements:
This position supports our Advanced Engineering group in thermal products.
1. Minimum of BSME or related engineering degree