Tech Center - Poland Poland
Alternate Title: Product Maintenance Engineer
Manage engineering programs from concept through launch.
Responsibilities of Position:
1. Design, develop and validate product from concept to production.
2. Interface with account and platform managers as well as customers to determine product requirements.
3. Establish design parameters to ensure that product design is feasible for manufacturing.
4. Provide direction to designers with consideration for fabrication, processing and assembly of the product.
5. Implement design through a formal program of AQP.
6. Approve all product-engineering drawings: identify or establish performance and material specifications.
7. Analyze components for relevant failure modes and create formal documentation (DFMEA).
8. Validate all designs and prepare reports summarizing results (e.g., DVP&R).
9. Simplify and standardize current and new designs to maximize economic benefits.
10. Coordinate prototype orders, build and submission.
11. Ensure program objectives are met.
12. Other duties as assigned.
1. Regular and predictable attendance.
2. Ability to manage program events such that engineering objectives are met.
3. Ability to formulate and implement solutions to design problems.
4. Ability to communicate effectively.
5. Proficient in MS Office programs.
1. 1-4 years related engineering experience.
Licensing or Special Certification Requirements:
1. Valid drivers’ license.
1. Ability to work at a personal computer for extended periods of time.
2. Able to travel from work site to customer locations and other TI Fluid Systems facilities.
1. Occasionally lifts and carries up to 10 pounds.
2. Some of work time is spent standing, walking, lifting and bending.
3. Works within an automotive components manufacturing office setting and may be exposed to heat, cold and fumes/chemicals.
Job Location Specific Requirements:
Workplace: EEUTC, Bielsko-Biala, Poland Short description:Goal of the role is design and validation as a part of Change Management activities for Dimler in order to meet requirements. Tasks divide according to product development phases. PM engineer will closely cooperate with Tech Center in Rastatt (Germany) and production plants located abroad.DUTIES ON THIS POSITION:QUOTE PHASE:check customer requirement; create deviation list for customer; create Statement of work for designers; create Design Validation PlanDESIGN PHASE:check packaging with Designer; define systems modifications for all versions; define component spec for a supplier / in-house; perform studies to prove the quality of the design; support designer to update engineering BOM; support creation of D-FMEA; create technical presentation for customer purpose; prepare DVP; check and approve program specific drawingsPROTOTYPE PHASE:support process engineers during production processes; provide project team with information (drawings or specs) for purchasing of componentsVALIDATION PHASE:follow up testing activities; create application reports based on test results; share gathered information from DV testing with project team; provide prototyping team with needed information; solve systems function related issues with the PPS methodology; provide PPS results to supervisor for lessons learnt; provide validation status of project to supervisorMASS PRODUCTION:provide support to solve technical issues; support industrialization activity up to SOP + 90 dayssupport PPAP (Pre-Production Approval Plan); lead / support plant / supplier quality issues (acc. PPS methodology) REQUIREMENTS:Engineering background5 years of professional experience in the automotive industryEnglish, German, Polish language skills required (high proficiency)Experience with products manufactured in blow molding or injection molding processHighly motivated and open to dive into a completely new topicWorking under time pressure, both independently and efficientlyWillingness to travel and to stay abroad on regular base for short term (up to 6 weeks)Reliability to take on and complete tasks in timeStrong team spirit WE OFFER:Stable employment in the international organizationHybrid work model (2 days remotely & 3 days from office)Internal and external trainings allowing to boost both hard and soft skillsMultisport cardPrivate medical care packageLife insuranceHoliday bonusJubilee awardPrepaid cards during Easter/Christmas period
Minimum of BSME or related engineering degree
TI Fluid Systems is committed to
equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status,
pregnancy status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.