Manage engineering programs from concept through launch for the design and detail of pump and module assemblies and components.
Responsibilities of Position:
1. Design, develop and validate product from concept to production.
2. Interface with account and platform managers as well as customers to determine product requirements.
3. Establish design parameters to ensure that product design is feasible for manufacturing.
4. Provide direction to designers with consideration for fabrication, processing and assembly of the product.
5. Implement design through a formal program of AQP.
6. Approve all product-engineering drawings: identify or establish performance and material specifications.
7. Analyze components for relevant failure modes and create formal documentation (DFMEA).
8. Validate all designs and prepare reports summarizing results (e.g., DVP&R).
9. Simplify and standardize current and new designs to maximize economic benefits.
10. Coordinate prototype orders, build and submission.
11. Ensure program objectives are met.
12. Other duties as assigned.
1. Regular and predictable attendance.
2. Ability to manage program events such that engineering objectives are met.
3. Ability to formulate and implement solutions to design problems.
4. Ability to communicate effectively.
5. Proficient in MS Office programs.
1. 1-4 years related engineering experience.
Licensing or Special Certification Requirements:
1. Valid drivers? license.
1. Ability to work at a personal computer for extended periods of time.
2. Able to travel from work site to customer locations and other TI Automotive facilities.
1. Occasionally lifts and carries up to 10 pounds.
2. Some of work time is spent standing, walking, lifting and bending.
3. Works within an automotive components manufacturing office setting and may be exposed to heat, cold and fumes/chemicals.
Minimum of BSME or related engineering degree.