Caro Plant (aft ops) United States
Designs complex engineering products, processes or equipment, including specifications and assembly and manufacturing sequence, for company products and / or manufacturing and assembly equipment. Utilizes CAD systems extensively. Knowledge of additional design software beneficial.
Responsibilities of Position:
- Proficient in engine compartment packaging.
- Works independently on the development of original designs or adaptations of existing designs after having been given general instructions regarding purpose and parameters.
- Work on-site at the OEM, attend design review meetings, and negotiate packaging space when necessary.
- Prepares preliminary drawings, sketches or diagrams reflecting basic concept in order to obtain confirmation of approach and technique.
- Fully develop a design concept to production readiness including 2D prints with all necessary information for manufacturing.
- Performs such individual assignments as supervisors and superiors may direct.
- Ensures adequate and continuous control procedures are exercised over all assigned activities affecting quality.
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships with Engineering and Design both internally and with external customers.
- Maintains the professional competence, knowledge and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experienced in CAD Software; Unigraphics (UG/NX -preferably NX11 2D &3D) and/or Catia v5; and PLM CAD management.
- General knowledge of GD&T
- Basic skills in Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, and Outlook
- 3-5 years of experience in engine compartment packaging
Licensing or Special Certification Requirements:
- Valid drivers’ license.
- Ability to work at a personal computer for extended periods of time.
- Occasionally lifts and carries up to 10 pounds.
- Some of work time is spent standing, walking, lifting and bending.
- Works within an automotive components manufacturing office setting and may be exposed to heat, cold and fumes/chemicals.
Degree in Automotive Design preferred
TI Fluid Systems is committed to
equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status,
pregnancy status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.