Corporate Finance Manager
This is a key role within the finance function. Group Finance has a high profile and visibility within the business, and provision of timely and relevant financial information and analysis of financial/business performance is a key focal area of the Group, particularly in the current challenging financial and operational environment.
The role delivers the preparation of budget and forecasts for the Corporate function and tracking of actual performance against budget/forecast, as well as supports the broader process of budget/forecasting for the entire Group. The role will work closely with Group Reporting, Group FP&A, divisional finance teams, controllers of Corporate reporting entities, and the Group Investor Relation (IR) function.
Work will involve internal/external meetings, close liaisons with divisions and various senior stakeholders, data analysis, preparation of presentations and report writing to senior stakeholders. Therefore, strong communication skills, both verbal and written, are required, as well as the ability to build rapport and strong relationships with stakeholders. The role needs to be a good team player with strong influencing and negotiation skills and the ability to work effectively with diverse business groups.
Responsibilities of Position:
- Working closely with the Group Chief Financial Officer, VP Risk & Global Controller and the Group FP&A function, support the Group’s budgeting and forecasting process, including participating in preparation of the Group’s budget and forecasts to guide management decisions and for review by senior stakeholders including the Board. Support and contribute to the production of the medium and longer term business plan.
- Track performance of the Corporate function against budget, forecast and targets, and produce regular corporate level management information to senior management and the Board. Ensure that Corporate cost information is produced in a timely manner and contains relevant information for key stakeholders. Highlight trends, key actions and strategic implications in managing Corporate costs.
- Develop, implement and maintain an effective planning and analysis capability for the Group’s Corporate function. Project manage end-to-end delivery of financial forecasting processes for the Corporate function, including close liaisons with controllers of the various Corporate reporting units and Corporate functional leaders. Produce high quality reports and presentations for Corporate costs summarising the forecasts for senior management and the Board.
- Prepare month-end flash reporting for the Group’s results.
- Important support role for annual and half-year reporting process, in particular providing input on financial performance reporting and commentary.
- Aid in the creation and development of ad hoc financial models and analysis to assist and support
initiatives, business cases and review of performance.
- Support the Group Investor Relation (IR) function in preparation of regulatory announcements, trading updates and operational review for external reporting.
- Lead financial exercises involving forward-looking modelling of the group, including going concern and long-term viability assessment, and impairment testing. Lead scenario modelling to assess risks and aid decision making.
- Develop robust and relevant reporting capability with the Group’s consolidation system (OneStream), to standardise internal management reporting and KPI monitoring within the Group, and to upgrade management insights obtained from information contained within the consolidation system.
- Handling of various regular / ad hoc external financial information requests, including covenant reporting.
- ACA or equivalent with 6+yrs PQE
- Managerial experience ideally in Big 4 accounting firms
- Experience in listed company financial reporting environment
- Strong financial planning and budgeting skills
- Strong analytical skills, including development of complex financial models
- Excellent writing & verbal communication skills
- Strong influencing & negotiation skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to manage team effectively and inspire higher potential of team members
- Experience of large-scale multi-site manufacturing operations
- Experience of working with different cultures
- Experience of building and managing relationships with senior stakeholders
- Problem solving and analytical capabilities
- Ability to interface confidently with all departments and units of TI Fluid Systems worldwide
- Self-motivated, flexible and detail oriented and able to work with minimal direction
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Proficient IT skills and abilities with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, data base applications, etc), particularly advanced Excel skills. Preferably a power user HFM / OneStream or similar consolidation/reporting system
- Regular and dependable attendance
- Oxford, UK; Other locations will be considered
Licensing or Special Certification Requirements:
- Driver’s license
- Valid passport / proof of permission to work in the UK
- Occasional domestic and international travel
- Ability to work at a personal computer for extended periods of time
- Occasionally lifts and carries up to 15 pounds
- An extensive knowledge of accounting principles and practices as gained by completion of a relevant accountancy professional qualification and/or bachelor’s degree in Business with strong emphasis on Auditing, Accounting and Business. MBA is a plus
- Certification required in one of following: MBA, CPA, CIA, CRMA, CFE, CMA
TI Fluid Systems is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.