Corporate Finance Director
Corporate Offices - Auburn Hills United States
Alternate Title: Systems & Process Assurance Director
Assist the Group Audit Director with the management of the internal audit function, including the supervision of audit managers and staff, audit risk assessment, workpaper review, training, coaching and reporting.
Objectives include adding value to the organization, strengthen and promote a strong system of internal control, acting as a subject matter expert advisor to the business / IT, identify and promote best practices / process improvements, deliver quality work products, reinforce strong ethics / discipline, ensure compliance with regulatory requirements / company policy and model professional integrity.
Position reports to the Group Audit Director.
Responsibilities of Position:
- Facilitate annual quantitative and qualitative risk assessments including, determination of financial materiality, significant financial accounts / locations and key financial / operational risks
- Develop and propose annual risk-based audit plan (including audit resource allocation)
- Supervise and review audit life cycle including, audit risk assessment and scope finalization, control testing methodology, workpaper quality review, control deficiency analysis (including annual aggregation review) and reporting
- Assist in the coordination and management of external service providers and external audit (as needed)
- Supervise coordination of control deficiency remediation activities and overall administration of internal controls management system (ICMS [or other audit governance software])
- Support the development and finalization of executive management / audit committee / etc. reporting and deliverables
- Supervise the development and distribution of risk, audit and internal control trainings and guidance
- Advise on topics regarding risk management and internal control frameworks / implementations
- Establish and maintain effective work relationships within the department, the Corporation and the community; maintain professional competence, knowledge and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities
- Competent in internal control / audit based regulatory (e.g., public company) requirements and frameworks
- Problem solving and analytical capabilities
- Ability to interface confidently with all departments and units worldwide
- Self-motivated, flexible and detail oriented and able to work with minimal direction
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Proficient computer skills and abilities with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, data base applications, etc.)
- Information systems auditing program experience
- Absolute confidentiality
Minimum of 8+ years of relevant experience encompassing:
- External / internal audit (financial, internal controls, etc.)
- IT audit (IT general controls, IT risk, etc.)
- Corporate accounting and executive management reporting, presentations, etc.
- IFRS, GAAP, local statutory accounting requirements
- Supervisory / team management
- International experience
- Public company financial reporting (preferably U.S. and UK)
Licensing or Special Certification Requirements:
- Driver’s license
- Valid passport
10-15% domestic and international travel required
Ability to travel (domestic and international)
1. Bachelor’s degree required.
2. Master’s degree a plus.