Marysville, MI United States
Provides support to the daily operations of the plant. Support will involve the interaction with the Production, Maintenance and Information Systems personnel to assure that optimum performance levels are achieved throughout the plant . While maintaining production, this individual will also be responsible for enhancing equipment operation through capital project management resulting in improved product quality and reduced cost.
Responsibilities of Position:
- Support and maintain highly integrated machine control systems including closed loop test instrumentation, intelligent shop floor TCP/IP networks, ink jet and laser marking equipment, robotic assembly systems, RFID tracking devices and distributed IO PLC architectures.
- Integral member of the production support team, responsible for training maintenance and production personnel on various machine functions including production, diagnostics, calibration and machine verification modes.
- Integral member of PFMEA team.
- Responsible for implementation of new process poka-yokes as required based on 8-D, PFMEA or similar analysis.
- Performs work with adherence to safety procedures and best practice standards.
- Involved in the commissioning of new manufacturing processes.
- Other duties and activities as assigned by the Engineering Manager.
- Minimum of 5 years experience working with PLC-based machine control systems.
- Ability to program PC-based automation, PLC’s and HMI’s for automated equipment.
- Prior experience interfacing and trouble shooting TCP/IP networks.
- Ability to maintain and troubleshoot automated control systems and components; PLC’s variable speed drives, robots, hydraulics/pneumatics, temperature, vision, etc.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures, specifications and controls schematics.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to train plant production and maintenance personnel in the proper operation and troubleshooting of production equipment.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems using the 8D or similar approach.
- Working familiarity with statistical problem solving and statistical process control techniques.
Licensing or Special Certification Requirements:
- Valid drivers’ license.
- Ability to travel (including air travel and long automobile trips), including some overnight trips.
- Must work near moving equipment occasionally.
- Some of work time is spent standing, walking, lifting and bending.
- May be required to travel to plant and/or training sites.
- Some of work time is spent working at a computer.
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field; or a combination of education and work experience.