Corporate Offices - Auburn Hills United States
Alternate Title: Senior Buyer
Senior Buyer responsible for the purchase of non-production material goods and services in Non-Production Purchasing (NPP) department for FTDS US facilities.
Responsibilities of Position:
- Analyze data, coordinate market tests and RFQs for various commodities.
- Negotiate corporate contracts and implement at facilities.
- Implement policies and procedures.
- Train facilities on NPP purchasing system.
- Purchasing liaison with other departments and locations.
- Perform related duties and special projects as assigned.
- Financial analysis and interpretation of the supplier proposals.
- Strong negotiation capabilities.
- Superior multi-task capabilities in the procurement field.
- Effective analytical skills.
- Self-directed with a high degree of self- motivation.
- Proficient computer skills and abilities with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, etc).
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented.
- Minimum 5 years buying experience in the automotive arena.
Licensing or Special Certification Requirements:
- Valid passport and driver’s license.
- Ability to work at a personal computer for extended periods of time.
- Ability and willingness to travel and support global audios.
- Occasionally lifts and carries up to 10 pounds.
- Some of work time is spent standing, walking, lifting, and bending.
- Works within an automotive components manufacturing office setting and may be exposed to heat, cold and fumes/chemicals.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or supply chain management.