Corporate Offices - Auburn Hills United States
Purchasing’s mission is to maximize shareholder value of every dollar of external spend and provide our internal and external customers with a supply base delivering defect-free parts, on-time, at the best total cost, and improve every day. The Buyer II will support the fulfillment of this mission via the Purchasing responsibilities for their assigned categories of components and/or raw materials.
Responsibilities of Position:
- Meet Supply Requirements – ensure uninterrupted supply of assigned commodities to Company plants and external customer by extension: right part at the right time at the right quantity.
- Drive and achieve year-over-year quality improvement targets for assigned commodities.
- Ensure assigned components are sourced on-time at best total cost, with a focus on global competitiveness and visibility, supporting of program requirements, and in alignment with globally connected commodity strategies.
- Follow the sourcing process for production parts in cooperation with the engineering group to meet cost, quality, and technology requirements.
- Meet cost savings targets for assigned commodities, including on-time implementation of cost savings actions such as commercial negotiations, VA/VE, and supplier resourcing. Mitigate negative cost effects related to commodity (i.e. tariffs, raw materials, etc.).
- Assist in developing and implementing commodity strategies for assigned commodities.
- Evaluate, develop and maintain a capable and effective supply base to support assigned commodities. Duties include working with current local and global suppliers and evaluating new suppliers for assigned commodities.
- Implement existing global purchasing procedures.
- Assist global commodity team for assigned commodities.
- Act as the Purchasing liaison with other departments and manufacturing locations.
- Meet assigned goals and objectives.
- Support Purchasing initiatives and development activities.
- 5 years of automotive industry direct materials purchasing experience.
- 3 years of experience purchasing metals or plastic components.
- Demonstrated commitment to Quality and continuous improvement.
- Ability to think strategically and analytically to interpret and negotiate contracts.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Self-confidence and predisposition to action, sense of urgency to deliver against defined targets.
- Must have the ability to work autonomously as well as work in a team environment.
- Collaborative team player with strong communication and people skills in order to generate high rapport levels with customers, suppliers and colleagues.
- Able to excel in time management and able to work under pressure from internal and external sources.
Licensing or Special Certification Requirements:
- Valid passport and driver’s license.
- Ability to work at a personal computer for extended periods of time.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as needed.
- Occasionally lifts and carries up to 10 pounds.
- Some of work time is spent standing, walking, lifting and bending.
Bachelor’s degree in business or supply chain management.
TI Fluid Systems is committed to
equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status,
pregnancy status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.