Corporate Offices - Auburn Hills United States
The Buyer I will be responsible for supporting a range of commodities/components dependent upon experience. Duties include working with current suppliers and evaluating new suppliers for assigned commodities (typically metallic and plastics).
Responsibilities of Position:
- Meet cost savings targets for assigned commodities.
- Assist in Developing and implementing commodity strategies for assigned commodities.
- Evaluate, develop and maintain a supply base to support assigned Commodities. This includes local and Global Suppliers for included commodities.
- Follow the sourcing-process for production parts and major capital equipment in cooperation with the engineering group, to meet cost, quality, and technology requirements.
- Implement existing global purchasing procedures.
- Assist global commodity teams for assigned commodities (working with EU, LA and AP leads).
- Will act as Purchasing liaison with other departments and manufacturing locations.
- Meet assigned Goals & Objectives.
- Support Purchasing initiatives and development activities.
- Strong negotiating skills are required.
- Experience working in a fast paced Tier 1 automotive supplier environment.
- Experience working in a TS-16949 environment.
- Self-directed with a high degree of self- motivation.
- Proficient computer skills and abilities with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, etc).
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field required.
- 1-3 years buying experience in the automotive arena.
- Experience evaluating and auditing suppliers.
Licensing or Special Certification Requirements:
- Valid passport and driver’s license.
- Ability to work at a personal computer for extended periods of time.
- Ability and willingness to travel and support global audios.
Job Location Specific Requirements:
This position supports our FCS division.
Bachelorâ??s degree in Business or related field required.