Corporate Offices - Auburn Hills United States
Perform operational internal audits, special investigations and assignments, and some compliance audits and work. Work includes managing and executing from a planning stage through report completion on a global scope. Objectives include adding value to the organization, strengthen and promote a strong system of internal control, identify and promote best practices, reinforce strong ethics / discipline, ensure compliance with company policy & procedures. Position Reports to Group Audit Director.
Responsibilities of Position:
1. Plan, set up, and execute extensive and detailed operational audits as identified by the Group Audit Director. This process includes: the planning, preparation, team coordination and management, testing, audit, report preparation and follow up plan. Includes ascertaining that the organization’s assets are properly accounted for, safeguarded and reported. Assures reporting is reliable. Prepares and/or supervises the preparation of organized, accurate and competent work papers, draft reports and ensures that documentation clearly supports the conclusions regarding each audit objective.
2. Performs such individual special assignments as directed by the Group Audit Director (such as due diligence, audits for potential acquisitions, JV’s, mergers, or major investment).
3. Leads and supervises an audit team.
4. Develops and identifies control environment improvements, opportunities, or alternatives to add value to the corporation.
5. Assists with preparation of annual risk assessment and maintains routine functions as assigned.
6. Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the Corporation and the community; maintains the professional competence, knowledge and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities .
7. Performs related duties and special projects as assigned.
1. Absolute confidentiality.
2. Problem solving and analytical capabilities.
3. Ability to interface confidently with all departments and units of TI Automotive worldwide.
4. Self-motivated, flexible and detail oriented and able to work with minimal direction.
5. Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
6. Proficient computer skills and abilities with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, data base applications, etc).
7. Data mining and continuous system based auditing program experience.
8. Regular and dependable attendance.
1. Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience encompassing:
a. External audit (Financial & Compliance)
b. Internal Audit (Operational and Financial)
c. Forensic and Fraud investigations
d. IT auditing experience
e. Working within operational & corporate accounting
f. Experience with and in IFRS
g. Supervisory/team management
h. International experience
i. Experience with UK public company is a plus
1. Auburn Hills, Michigan, USA preferred.
2. Oxford, United Kingdom and other locations will be considered.
Licensing or Special Certification Requirements:
1. Driver’s license
2. Valid passport
3. Certification required in one of following: MBA, CPA, CIA, CRMA, CFE, CMA.
1. 35-45% domestic and international travel required (at start of and over weekends at times).
2. Ability to work at a personal computer, or be on manufacturing floors, for extended periods of time.
1. Ability to travel (domestic and international).
2. Occasionally lifts and carries up to 15 pounds.
3. Some of work time is spent standing, walking, lifting and bending.
4. Works within an automotive components manufacturing office setting and may be exposed to heat, cold and fumes/chemicals.
An extensive and complete knowledge of accounting principals and practices as gained by completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Business with strong emphasis on Auditing, Accounting and Business. MBA is a plus.