Manage the annual internal audit plan for the European region and cross-regionally as needed, including the supervision of audit staff, planning and scoping of audits, managing fieldwork, workpaper review, and developing audit reports for Executive Management.
Objectives include adding value to the organization, strengthen and promote a strong system of internal control, acting as a subject matter expert advisor to the business, identify and promote best practices / process improvements, deliver quality work products, reinforce strong ethics / discipline, ensure compliance with regulatory requirements / company policy and model professional integrity.
Position reports to the Group Audit Director.
Responsibilities of Position:
- Planning of internal audits including timing, resource allocation, location risk assessment / audit scope and audit program
- Manage the audit program for each audit to completion according to audit methodology allocating audit work to staff efficiently
- Review of audit staff work papers to ensure completeness and accuracy of testing and accuracy of the test conclusion
- Assist in the coordination and management of external service providers and external audits (as needed)
- Prepare internal audit reports and other communications, as necessary, for Executive Management and auditees ensuring high quality, value-added content, and material
- As needed, support the development and distribution of risk, audit and internal control trainings, and guidance for finance and operational personnel
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the audit team, finance, and operational community, ensuring integrity, open communication, confidentiality where needed, and ethical behavior
- Performs related duties and special projects as assigned.
- Competent in internal control / audit based regulatory (e.g., public company) requirements and frameworks (e.g. Sarbanes-Oxley Act; UK Corporate Governance Code)
- Proficient understanding of Audit and Accounting Standards (e.g., IFRS, GAAP, GAAS, ISA UK)
- Absolute confidentiality
- Problem-solving and analytical capabilities
- Ability to interface confidently with all departments and units worldwide
- Self-motivated, flexible and detail-oriented, and able to work with minimal direction
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Proficient computer skills and abilities with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, database applications, etc.)
- Information systems auditing program experience a plus
- Regular and dependable attendance
- Minimum of 5-10 years of relevant experience encompassing:
- External / internal audit (financial, internal controls, etc.)
- Corporate accounting and executive management reporting, presentations, etc.
- IFRS, GAAP, and local statutory accounting requirements
- Supervisory / team management
- International experience
- Public company financial reporting (preferably U.S. and UK)
- Oxford, United Kingdom, and other locations will be considered
Licensing or Special Certification Requirements:
- Driver’s license
- Valid passport
- Certification required in one of the following: CPA (or equivalent e.g., Chartered Accountant); CIA or similar professional certification
- 30% domestic and international travel required
- Ability to work at a personal computer, or be on manufacturing floors, for extended periods of time
- Ability to travel (domestic and international)
- Occasionally lifts and carries up to 15 pounds
- Some of the work time is spent standing, walking, lifting, and bending
- Works within an automotive component manufacturing office setting and may be exposed to heat, cold, and fumes/chemicals
- Extensive and complete knowledge of accounting principles and practices as gained by completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Business with a strong emphasis on auditing, accounting, and business.
- MBA is a plus.
Fluid Systems is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless
of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age,
citizenship, marital status, pregnancy status, disability, gender
identity or Veteran status.